Thread: DW pedals

User Info Menu

Default DW pedals

hey y'all so i just got my pedals today (yesss) and everything works good but the tension knob on either side, for the springs, will not loosen or tighten it wont move... are you supposed to even twist it??? i tryed using a locktight wrech and turning it and still no movement... the pack came with a couple of allen wrenches am i supposed to loosen something up before i turn the knob and loosen or tighten the spring??.. help me out someone..

no wait i think i got it do you pull the whole knob down then turn??
    Last edited by doubletapaddiwackbingbang; 07-12-2008 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW pedals

thats how my dw pedal works so i think so.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Back off the nut on top of the bottom tension rod finger knob, underneath the spring. then you can change the tension of the spring. After you are done making your adjustments then you can re-tighten the top nut again to hold the desired tension.

User Info Menu

oh ok thanks

User Info Menu

He is correct but he left out that after backing off the top lock nut you have to pull down on the bottom one. you need to back the lock nut off enough to allow this to happen. the bottom nut seats in the tab, this stops it from backing out on its own.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

ohhhh yeah i see thanks

User Info Menu

I play on one at my church and that's is how I got it to work