Thread: Pulse 8 piece review

User Info Menu

Default Pulse 8 piece review

anybody know about this set. its $600 and im wondering if its worth it. i want this or just a new bass drum and tom.
    but i would really like to know what you guys think

thanks
    ===timm

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pulse 8 piece

I purchased a Pulse bass drum and 18" add on floor tom about 2 years ago. I really didn't want the 18" but that was the only size that came as the combo.

On the floor tom I put a clear pinstripe on the top and left the factory reso. I did swap out the bass drum heads for Remo's. Both drums came alive and I was very happy with the results. It is no DW or Pearl kit but for the money and a new set of heads you will be doing well.

I have no bad experience with Pulse drums and I use them for my practice kit.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i dont really know anything about pulses, but just realize thats a really small price especially for that much stuff so i guess u get what u pay for if that means anything
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

i think if i get it, im going to spend the next 3 or 4 days making it a 13 piece with my other set and just make a circle and never leave!!!!

User Info Menu

The drummer in my band (not me) has that, and it sounds pretty good. Of course, it has all new batter heads. He's gigged with it twice, and we have another show friday. The hardware is kinda iffy, like it doesn't leave itself open to perfect adjustments. He's been switching his setup and tweaking it for months, whereas his old drums just stayed in one place he was happy with. Also, my neighbor has the 5 piece, and it's perfect for him since he's just learning. He's got cheap Ludwig heads on the bass and floor tom, and they sound great for the price. (We found them on Craigslist, and paid 100 bucks for the drums, 20 for a Tama throne, 20 for a boom stand, got free sticks, free drum key, and a free straight stand, all nearly-new. That guy was amazing.)

User Info Menu

bakkushan, if u dont play drums in ur band what do u play?
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I play bass. Drums is my new hobby.

User Info Menu

oh ok, well good luck. drums are the best

User Info Menu

I'VE GOT IT!!!!
    the ddrum defiant 6 piece. its a good brand right? and ive seen it and i think i can handle the sizes, same price as the pulse i think.
    what do you think?!

User Info Menu

is it a Double bass? cause i checked into it for u and when i googled it, it came up as a double bass, is that the one u want?

User Info Menu

yeah, gray or black. only that red if i have to

User Info Menu

yeah i looke at it, it looks like a pretty awesome drums, but it looks to me like its a litlle more expensive, like in 700 range but thats not to bad, but id say its better than the pulse, once again i dk much about ddrums either but id say they are pretty nice from what ive seen! i would go with that if u got the extra $100!