Thread: feeling blue

User Info Menu

Unhappy feeling blue

well guys I got the blues, I'm going to be playing a party or partys over the next couple of months' but the one thats realy bothering me is my own.the resond isn't that i'll be 50 thats the least of it. it's my sister wants to be there
    and she's dieing I've been though this before 2 years ago with my brother
    and it tore me up and well here I go again man it's breaking my heart. but if I can help make her happy then I just need to suck it up and be a man. maybe this is not the place for this I don't know i'm just feeling blue thanks everyone.

User Info Menu

Wow, bummer. I can't imagine what's that's like. I never know what to say in situations like this. Pretty much anything I could say would fall far short of expressing my empathy for you. Just know you're in my thoughts & prayers, for what it's worth.

User Info Menu

Think of the good times, man. If seeing you play puts a smile on her face, do it. Memories are the only thing we can take with us, so make them the happiest you can. Best wishes to you and your sister!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

i can sympathise a bit....a few months ago my 18 month old neice died suddenly one night and we still havn't figrd out why (maybe murder, maybe medical), but anyway....although i didn't know my niece as long as you have known your sister i know how it feels to lose a loved one and you do too since you also lost your brother....If you find away to feel better let me know your trick....cuz when I think of my late niece all I can think of is yelling curse words as loud as I can.....

User Info Menu

Default thanks

thanks guys it helps to know that there are people who care. that's why playing music is so much a part of our lives inoder to play you have to feel it
    it becomes a part of you your soul or atleast thats how i feel.

User Info Menu

Wow Phillip, I'm so sorry.. I've lost grandparents and great grandparents, but to lose my sister would be even worse. I'm very very sorry. Like 1DB said, just think of the happy times. If she wants to see you play, then play for her. i bet she'll really love to see you play for her. again im very very sorry, and god bless
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Wow Phillip, I'm so sorry.. I've lost grandparents and great grandparents, but to lose my sister would be even worse. I'm very very sorry. Like 1DB said, just think of the happy times. If she wants to see you play, then play for her. i bet she'll really love to see you play for her. again im very very sorry, and god bless
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Oh man that suxor. The feeling that someone you know is dieing is the worst feeling in the world and at times scary because....well nevermind. I remember my first wedding anniversary, my wife's grandpa died. Died on the day OF OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!! So every year our anniversary comes up, we have go and give remembrance to her grandpa. Which I have no problems doing, its just the idea that every year I have to do this which I shouldn't because it brings me way down.

User Info Menu

Unhappy feeling blue

Hey, Philip, it's never easy to let go of someone you love. And it sounds like you're still grieving your brother's loss, too, so you have a lot to deal with. It sounds sappy the way Barbra Streisand put it, but it IS the laughter that we remember when we think of our loved ones. I think of the good times I had with my departed family members and it eases the pain.

I know you'll do your best to make your sister happy...BTW, Utopia, grieving is a mixture of cursing, crying, laughing, and weeping (and sometimes all at once)...and for me, banging the bongos and congas really helped me get the anger out of my system.

And sometimes, man, you have to let it out. Whether you yell or cry or bang hell out of the drums (better that hitting other things or people), find something that'll work for you.

Of course, you took a big step when you posted your note...hang in there, bro'...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck