Thread: Visuals

User Info Menu

Default Visuals

Any body have any good ideas for visuals for 1 to 12 beats? Its for a cadences, so maybe something showy but not extremely complicated.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Visuals

Listen to your cadences and decide what they make you feel about them. Are they Rock, Swing, Latin, snazzy, bluessey etc. etc. Once you get a reak feel then it's easy coming up with visuals that will relate.

A good example is the movie DrumLine...that "Drum-off" at the end. Those visuals were perfect for the cadences played.

User Info Menu

yeah but our cadences arent as difficult. but i understand what your sating. almost all of our cadences have snazzy grooves, and about half of them have solos that feature each section. i was look for snare visuals to do while bassess and tenors do their solos.

User Info Menu

Don't take away from the Tenor and bass solo's, Let them show off, The basses are probably going to do something like pop and sway around as they run the notes, and the tenors are probably going to be crossing and sweeping, let them have the visual at that part. The best you can do is probably have a crisp motion, or rock along to the beat.

But if you have a 12 beats you need to fill and your not taking away from the other sections, you can basically do wahtever you want, 3 measures is a nice long time to do about anything.

User Info Menu

thanks but yeah, its not like were stealing their thunder. they take visuals at snare solos on occasion as well

User Info Menu

anybody care to give me some specific visuals?

User Info Menu

reach over and smack someone on the head with your stick.

You should look at drumline the moveie and try some of those visuals
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Visuals

Visuals? Why Does Tassle-tossing Like A Stripper Come To Mind?.....Remember Some Of Da Best Notes Played Are Ones You Dont Play At All...Space Is Yer Phriend....Try It,,,,,Years of drum corps memories come back to me....
    take FRANK'S ADVICE ....ITS ALL GOOD
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!