Thread: great score!!!

User Info Menu

Default great score!!!

i just got a late 60s zildjian avedis med thin ride for cheap. it has some minor keyholing but no scratches, dents or cracks. i played it by itself on a stand and it def has that vintage sound. neither of my rides were working too well for my blues gig. the paragon is just too much in quieter settings and the 18" K session ride wasnt quite enuff when i needed it without washing out. i think this will work out well and matches the 2 70s med thin crashes i already have and havn't played in awhile. i paid 150 bucks for it and a brand new 7pc shure pg drum mic kit w/ cables. i will get the ride on a kit tomorrow and let you all know how it works out.

User Info Menu

Default Re: great score!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i just got a late 60s zildjian avedis med thin ride for cheap. it has some minor keyholing but no scratches, dents or cracks. i played it by itself on a stand and it def has that vintage sound. neither of my rides were working too well for my blues gig. the paragon is just too much in quieter settings and the 18" K session ride wasnt quite enuff when i needed it without washing out. i think this will work out well and matches the 2 70s med thin crashes i already have and havn't played in awhile. i paid 150 bucks for it and a brand new 7pc shure pg drum mic kit w/ cables. i will get the ride on a kit tomorrow and let you all know how it works out.
    HOLA como estas FUNKYMCSTAIN * MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) THATS ROJO CALIENTE * And now your
    CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTISTRY moves within NEW DIMENSIONS AS you sing FROM and within your VERY UNIQUE (STYLE)(ARTISTRY) CONGRATS GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Nice Funky! If you got the ride cymbal, and the drum mics for $150, you da man!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great for you Funky....
    150 bucks for all of that....
    Congrats !!
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

That sounds allot like my ride cymbal only mine is a little older, but I absolutly love it's sound and haven't found a new ride yet that I think that compares to it. Good score Funky those finds are all the more sweeter when they happen because they are rare and don't happen but once or twice in life.

User Info Menu

Nice find!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

nice find and great deal.

User Info Menu

I still have the Avedjis Zildjiam Medium Ride, 20", that I bought at Mannie's in New York City in 1965. I had it drilled for sizzles (8). It does have very slight key holing. The bell is high, typical of the time period, and really kicks out a sound. The cymbal has a nice sound but, admittedly, more "Wash" than I really like, especially when playing with the big band. If anyone is interested...let me know.

User Info Menu

awesome deal
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.