Thread: Drum Shields - Reviews

User Info Menu

Default Drum Shields - Reviews

I was wondering if anybody has any input or knows anything about them

http://store.drumbum.com/skuA-153.html

Advertisement
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Shields

was looking up, dont know from experience.
    they dont really do much except exert the sound back so the drums dont get mixed into the vocal mics and etc. but they deflect the noise from just one direction and make it go back. which case if your in a room with a 10 foot ceiling, the sound will probably go up and over and just get a ring if the walls are brick. but it also keeps the sound trapped so you can hear all of what you are doing. keep up with the posts i was just researching and making an educated guess. but good question Justin

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

alright thanks begtimm
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I play in a church and we use one of these. It`s mainly to to keep the stage volume lower for the other guys. Because if you dont have one, your drums permeate the entire stage, everyone has to turn themselves up louder to hear, and your stage goes outta control!
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

huh. sounds like a good investment to get so i dont just hear the guitars, but i think it would mess up the communication between us. so i wonder... is it good for stage use, or practice in a room
    Last edited by begtimm561; 07-17-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added a wrong word

User Info Menu

i was wanting it for stage use, because sometimes we have to play in smaller rooms and that way i could play loud and not have to worry about playing my drums more quietly, i hate doing that

User Info Menu

next time you have to play soft... be like... i dont know how, and i dont want to even try to understand its purpose

User Info Menu

well i would, but then we just dont get to play as much which sucks even worse

User Info Menu

super glue everything to you and the floor, and your rebutle to not playing... oh yes... neverending solo!!!

User Info Menu

i might just do that, then whenever ppl wanna see me they can come watch. lol

User Info Menu

yeah, if you make the news i'll come up to...Tennessee! to see this amazing act in person, introduce myself, and yes, i'll bring nail polish remover, or rubbing alcohol, or whatever gets super glue un-super

User Info Menu

They are cool, they take a bit of getting used to, they are more for sound engineers re noise bleed from drums , You still have to play dynamically though, unless its death metal of course, then the shield should have all four sides and a lid!! joking peeps. I know its all music and it takes talent to play. Im just old school.

User Info Menu

I play at church and when I started at this church they had only the church's kit that is not much to talk about. I brought my kit and soon after was told that some of the ol ladies said it looked like a rock concert with all the stands So to keep the peace the pastor had an oak shield built to match the rest of the stage. I put foam on the inside works very well took the drum volume down a notch or 2 and I think it kinda keeps the drums outta the minds of the youngins...outta sight outta mind !

you can see it here

Last edited by 2slow; 07-18-2008 at 06:51 AM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

2slow, is the powder coat chipping or did you just draw that on the snare? but the shield looks great and like a good decision

User Info Menu

that would make for a good shield but its not portable

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by begtimm561 View Post
    2slow, is the powder coat chipping or did you just draw that on the snare? but the shield looks great and like a good decision

Stripes takes a tad of the over tone out
    E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justinmill14 View Post
    that would make for a good shield but its not portable

your right it is very heavy it is more of a studio kinda shield
    E Drums !! !

User Info Menu

alright, thanks