Thread: Paiste 20's

User Info Menu

Default Paiste 20's

I'm thinking of switching over to Paiste cymbal and had a chance to play on afew 20's. Does anyone else have some experience with this line of Paiste's? I'm just looking for a ride and hi-hats for now.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste 20's

Well, you didn't say what you will be switching from. The Big 3 cymbals makers are Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste. Each will make cymbals that are both Casting and Stamping.
    The better quality is Cast made and tweaked by hammering and lathing. If you are looking to this, be certain you learn if your choice is hand hammered or machine hammered...slight differences. Stamped cymbals are less expensive and good for beginners and are less expensive. Zildjian A's, Custom A's and K series are made by casting while the ZBT's are stamped. Sabian AAX and HHX are cast and the BR8's are stampmed. Paiste Dimension and Innovative series are cast as well. Also, your selection of cymbal will have to be based upon the music you play as well as your style of playing. One group of cymbals will be suited to rock and Metal players while another group is better suited for Jazz and light music playing. For myself, I play big band and use a mixture of A and K Zildjian and Istanbul AGOP as my primary ride as well as hi - hats. Each gives me the particular sound and response that I want from my cymbals. I even use the Wuhan splash as an effect cymbal. However, as our band rehearses in a school, I am able to use their drum set. The ride cymbal is a really sweet sounding Sabian AAX Stage Ride, 20". I have to tell you that it really nice...almost wish I had it. My only fault with it is that it is higer pitched than what I like, but not by much. See what I mean? Play on several brands and models...you'll find something to your liking and, when you do, are you really going to care what name is stamped on it?

User Info Menu

My current ride is a Zildijan 21'' Sweet ride, and my Hi-hats are Zildijan 14'' ZBT master sound.

User Info Menu

I forgot to thank you for your advice. My likes in music vary from jazz, to big bans, to R&B, to Fusion, to Prog , and classic rock. I hear there is a real drum shop in Austin. I think this coming weekend I'm going to have to take a trip and check out what they have. I not getting rid of my current ride and hi-hat, I'm just looking for a different sound.

User Info Menu

Did Zildjian released Mastersound in ZBT line ??
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by warrior9 View Post
    My current ride is a Zildijan 21'' Sweet ride.
    KEEP THE RIDE! but if you deicde not to, you could use it as a crash

User Info Menu

paiste 20" pst3 is a good ride, but probably discontinued, it wouldnt surprise me. it sounds good, but a little dead. maybe the pst5 ride would be good for what you want

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

I got my eyes on a 21'' ride and a pair of 14'' hi-hats. All from the 20 series. I love their sound. I'll most likely use my Zildijan Sweet ride as a left handed crash ride and put my old hi-hats as a remote on the right side. I'm even thinking about sending the ride cymbal off to the Zildijan factory to have some rivets installed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    Did Zildjian released Mastersound in ZBT line ??
    Mastersounds are only made in the ZHT, K, and Avedis lines(A custom, etc.)

No Mastersound ZBT`s yet..
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

My bag. Thay are Mastersounds ZHT's, not ZBT's

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Paiste 20's

Try Em All Let Yer Ears Be Da Judge .....Again I Concur Strongly Wif Frank(a Part Of Our Excellence Taste & Advice Club)!!!!!!!! Personally I've Got Em All And Each Has Its Purpose....Think Like A PAINTERS Pallet Of Colors ....Yer Just An "Ear"Painter.....Let Us Know Where Yer Search Leads Ya....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!