Thread: Hey, new guy here.

User Info Menu

Default Hey, new guy here.

Hey, new guy here. Beginner from England. I'm so jealous of you lot and ur very experience and then their's me with a beginner's tempo kit!! *pfft* I'm hoping to build my kit up thought as i feel that althought its a beginners kit you can still get a good sound out of it.

Are you all in bands ore do some of you just play for fun??

Stew

User Info Menu

welcome to the forum!! its a great communty...im in the US...dont worry about the kit man everyones gotta start somewhere..i started on a drum pad and got my first kit about 3 months later s dont worrie good things get better with time...

i play in a band and solo too its all for fun...heh lata
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

welcome stew, you will love drumchat its like a big family once you get to know everyone, and we're from all over the world (im from canada) so you will get lots of different input.

I currently play in a little band calle the Torpedo Identity (TTi) could u guess? lol
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!

User Info Menu

Cool Hey, new guy here.

Nothing to be jealous of here, Stew...we were all beginners once...and you've come to the right place if you need some advice on just about any area of drumming.

As you can see from my avatar, I'm a hand drummer primarily (in case my member name didn't give it away already!)...I've played with a number of groups through the years, but most of my drumming is with a guitar group in my church...like I said, you're going to find just about any drummer you want in this forum...

welcome, mate!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Hey stew, welcome to drumchat!
    you'll like it here, its a great way to learn new things and make some friends. Once you get to know everyone, its soo fun. If you have any drumming questions just post a thread and you'll get some educated answers very soon.
    Right now I'm in sort of a garage band but we don't have a name or anything.. just like practicing together, me and my friends..
    Welcome and have fun.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

sorry this is a late welcome. but welcome to the boards. look out for lezzle. she can get a bit happy at times. but shes awesome! anyways,
    see you round on the boards
    Cassandra
    I'm Cassandra
    I love my boyfriend Derek
    and I love my two firebellytoads, named Heartburn and Mountain.

Jeremiah 29:11
    For i know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper not harm you, plans to bring you hope and a future.

http://www.myspace.com/loveonegod

drummonkey Guest

hey wish i was in england i love it there and dont worry i start to play a year ago

jarhead Guest

welcome.....ive been playin for about 2-3 years.....dont feel bad about bein new to this world....we all started out somewhere

jarhead Guest

woops....uh ....forgot to answer the other part....im in a band,and play for fun...my band just started though...the name is commonly strange