Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sneak peek

User Info Menu

Default sneak peek

sorry but the link for this thread has been taken off by me due to swear words at the end of the video. i had to do it because i have alot of respect for admin and everyone on this site, i dont want to put up the chance of anyone getting in trouble for this. its my fault because i should have done more homework before i posted the link...sorry about this and thank you for all feedback, i will try to edit another video and post it.
    Last edited by DamageDrummer; 08-18-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: link removed

User Info Menu

Default Re: sneak peek

cant open it dude, tis a shame.

User Info Menu

Too many http's. And when you edit it in your browser it keeps coming back with the dual http's. At least in my experience.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Too many http's. And when you edit it in your browser it keeps coming back with the dual http's. At least in my experience.
    Hey Bish stop speaking jibblish.

User Info Menu

I fixed it.

Ok, feedback...
    It's dark and angry like most of the metal I've heard. I don't think it's a healthy environment for any listener to spend a lot of time in. What's the message of this song?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I fixed it.

Ok, feedback...
    It's dark and angry like most of the metal I've heard. I don't think it's a healthy environment for any listener to spend a lot of time in. What's the message of this song?
    Pssst! boss, be careful, cause i got my fingers slapped, even my private box got hate mail for speaking out against the environment surrounding some of this music.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Wish I could here it!!

User Info Menu

I dig it! I like your double bass work; not too much or too repetitive.
    Rock on!

BTW, it seems like I have seen more and more criticism of heavy music on these forums lately. My parents taught me when I was about 5 years old that if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all.
    Our boy DamageDrummer is open to feedback and critique of his music and his playing, but if you don't even like metal music in general don't comment, move along; I'm pretty sure he wasn't looking for criticism of heavy music in general.
    OK, rant over...

User Info Menu

sounds great damage! like the pedal work! song was good, i like that kind of music.!

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Peach...You are right about the criticism. I am not a fan of any Metal music but, I do appreciate the discipline it takes to play it. All to often we get caught up in the "Music" more than we do in the instrument and I am guilty of that. As for Damage Drummer's playing, it seemed to fit and didn't leave me wondering where the beat was. So, in that respect, he knows what he's doing. I've never been to sure of what it is I should be listening for with this style. I've listened to and watched several vids of SlipKnot and was quite impressed by the drumming...just not a devotee of what the music speaks for.
    So, now that I've stopped just long enough to say what I thought would be a positive, I'll be moving along. Oh, one more thing and I mean this sincerely, it's not me or my band that has any kind of CD or DVD or contract or anything else. I applaud all of those guys who have the dream and make that dream into a reality. That is what I respect. Way to go there, Damage Drummer!!
    Last edited by fiacovaz; 07-28-2008 at 03:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice!! I'm LovingThe Double Bass!
    Joe-

www.bebo.com/cleargunshot
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    My Band,One Song On The Page

User Info Menu

you do some really cool work bro, im really digging your feel on this song.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I can view it now!! Glad you or it fixed itself.
    So feedback, stage set up seems cool, video quality very good, overall sound/mix excellent. Playing/musicianship quality within the genre of music and setting is very good. Nice double kick work I like the change in poly to triplet feel with the feet. I Can't comment on the vocal track or message of the song as I cant understand all the words! that is not a fault of the sound man its just the diction of the singer is not clear. My 16 year old son does understand all the words though [so he says] and he has added it to his you tube fav's and he is passing it out to all his buds , So I guess you guy's are on to something good. After all you are not after the 40 to 60 year crowd are ya!! keep at it, I was a punk drummer back in the day so I know what this music means to you guy's. overall excellent, 8 out of 10.

User Info Menu

Like the music or not, drummers work their *** off to play this!

Good job!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Rock solid and you've got some mad dbl kick skills. Tight jam. Can tell u guys put the time in. Your singer scares me. Big, imposing looking dude. That's a good thing for the music u play Nice job DD!

User Info Menu

I like your playing man, it's very disciplined and solid, but I have to agree with drummer to some point. Your band sounds a bit 'narrow' to put it into words, like any other metal band today. Before I really understood metal drums or that genre, I was one of the folks that placed them in the no progression zone, but now I can see that most metal drummers have the potential to do some sick things with their playing.
    Thanks for the sneak peek.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Nice drumming. Very crisp. Rock solid meter. Hate the drop tuning. I prefer it when the bass player plays the bass part. The guitar work is just boring (IMO). Where's the solo? Kill your "vocalist".

Oh, btw - this used to be a family friendly site where the F-bomb was really frowned on. A profanity heads up would be nice.
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 08-14-2008 at 08:54 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey everyone!!! So I let this post go for a while, just to make sure I got as many opinions as possible, I really appreciate eveyones input, and now I know of a few more things that could be worked on before the final dvd is acctually released.

I totally 100% understand that our music is not everyones cup of tea, 1 example- my parents and grand parents! But nobody here will EVER get any kind of hatemail from me for posting their opinion about my music. This forum is particularly important to me because these are my fellow drummers, so I really took to heart everyones honesty, and input. I have been in this specific band for over 10 years (since highschool) and alot of hard work and money has gone into this. I personally have always has an ear for all kinds of music, and I have played in jazz bands, blues bands and alot of drumline stuff, but when I found these musicians, I had to stay with the project. It has turned into something I now love.

The bigger guy singer is acctually the secondary(backup) singer and he is only on a couple of songs. the sound has not been fully edited on the video yet, we are having issues with the person who recorded the dvd and the cd, thats why nothing is out yet.

Drummer: thank you for fixing my link boss... im not too sure what i did wrong. the song is titled thru the violence, and the singer is acctually sending a very strong message about where our band has come from and all of our difficult battles along the way with everything bad that happens to bands, and the way that all of our personal lives and decisions affect the whole band, and we still hold strong, thus the lyric - "were living through the violence". hopefully this answers your question buddy! Sorry so much text everyone, I hope to get even more feedback positive or negative. remember, you are ALL my freinds, and I will listen and take to heart whatever anyone has to say.

thanks all!!
    Jerry

User Info Menu

Wow awesome, will look forward to hearing more about how its going. I think alot of metal music does having meaning and although can sound heavy quite alot, isn't as bad as it seems. Id say some of the drumming can definitely become as complicated and technical as even the best jazz drumming and as a drum forum should not be frowned upon so much. Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Damage, I'm not much of a metal fan simply because my ear isn't tuned to hear the lyrics. I did hear your drumming though, and I thought it was rock solid! This band is fortunate to have you there!

RD is right, though, Drum Chat is a family friendly site, so the F-bombs at the end of the song might have to terminate the link on this one. I'm sure the administration will be discussing it. I would like to hear other songs where you are drumming, though (just without the language), because you've got real skills my friend!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm not saying there absolutely can't ever be profanity in anything, but I think a heads-up would be polite. Personally, if there was a big fat "Hey, we swear big time in this video" thing at the top, then I think it should be ok.

As to the vocals on the video, again personally, if the guy is imitating Cookie Monster then I'm not really that keen on what he has to say anyway. We would have laughed that kind of thing off the stage in my day.

Liked the drumming, though.

User Info Menu

i had to remove the link out of respect for everyone...cussing should not be tolerated here because of the underage crowd, i apoligize for any inconvenience, and im sorry if i offended anyone. i may request that the thread be locked because it might now be meaningless to have it here. thank you for all input and advice.

User Info Menu

Can I just add that you are one heck of a gracious guy?

Oh, and I take it from your avatar that you're a framer?

User Info Menu

thanks RD... i am just trying to do whats right, and what i agreed with when i started on this forum.

yes sir i am a framer, i build custom homes from the dirt up, nobody can toutch a drummer with a nailgun!! its good practice for the hand-eye coordiantion!

User Info Menu

Huge points Damage!!! That was a classy move. I'll look forward to the edited version, and even more of your vids.

BTW, when you're on stage, do you use that nail gun to secure the kick drum?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!