Thread: 17" wuhan crash S series

IL DUCE Guest

Default 17" wuhan crash S series

Usually I'm a tad reluctant to purchase cymbals online. I like to hear them first. Sites like cymbalsonly and virtual cymbals at least have sound bites you can hear of the actual cymbal. It's not like being there but for me atleast it gives you an idea of what your getting. But Considering the price $46.11 plus 4.95 shipping for $51 and change I'll chance it. I had recently purchased their 10" S series splash which impressed the hell out of me. So I figured It was worth a shot. Well got it yesterday and I'm estatic. The cymbal both looks and sounds great. Clearly Wuhan has taken a step up and raised the ante with their S series cymbals. Alot of people say describing Wuhan " for the price" kinda mindset. Based solely on it's merits as a cymbal it's fantastic for the price these are some of the best deals on the planet. I can't believe a cymbal this nice sells for under $50 bucks. It's got a great shine to it the hand hammering is evident as is the lathing. It's got a nice loud and bitting attack with a long shimmering decay. These are nothing like low end stamped crap wuhan has previously marketed. They really have entered the higher end market with this line. I'm so impressed that I plan on adding several more wuhans to my inventory. This cymbal both visually and sonically blend well with my current set up ( zildjians, sabians and meinl's) as hard to believe as it is this $46 dollar cymbal holds it's own. Anyone who's just starting out and are looking into starter cymbals from the big 3 forget it. The S series is far superior both visually and sonically to what you can get from the big boys. I mean think about it B8's from the big three that are stamped and totally auto lathed or a B20 bronze hand hammered and lathed for the same price ? It's a no brainer. Literally it's a mid range to higher end cymbal at better than entry level pricing. For any drummer these cymbals are a steal. With quality like this emerging from China I think eventually the big 3 will need to eventually cut prices or loose market share to guys like Wuhan, Dream and stagg. Thats good for US consumers. The only thing I will say is that for a medium cymbal it is a bit lighter than there western counterparts. If you decide to order one keep that in mind. But I just wanted to share this tid bit with everyone. Wuhan S series Check them out it's well worth your time and money

User Info Menu

Default Re: 17" wuhan crash S series

Thanks for the great review. I was wondering about the other Wuhans other than the Chinas.

I love my 16" Wuhan China. It is just quick enough and trashy enough to do what you expect from a China. It replacesd a 22" monster from Wuhan that took a baseball bat to get any sound out of; sometimes bigger is not better!
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

$51?!! yep, chance it, it can sound good, or bad depending on the type of music you like. just got my Wuhan 18" china today. can't wait to switch my paiste with it and see what i get

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Hmm....
    I got 10" Wuhan S series as well....
    And I'm not satisfied enough with the sound....
    I replaced it with PST-5 splash a few days ago....

But If you will give a shoot...Try it then....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

It's all about what sounds good to your ears. At one time I thought about the Wuhan S series cymbals just because I could save so much money, but eventually, I just went a different direction because I found a sound that I liked better. I admit that I have a variety of different cymbals, by different manufacturers, on my kit. I just like that I can have the different sounds available for different situations. IL DUCE, I'm glad you found a cymbal that you like, and I say that if it sounds good to your ear, go for it!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

How can you go wrong with that? Thanks for the review!