Thread: Frustration!!

User Info Menu

Default Frustration!!

I hate crappy music shops.

I recently graduated from University and as such have moved house, now living in a flat which means no acoustic drums! Too noisy.

So I begged and pleaded and since I actually got a better degree class than I was expecting (score!) my parents actually agreed to buy a Roland TD-12K for my flat. Fantastic!

Not fantastic however, is the shop we purchased it from. On the plus side we got a hefty discount because they were having a closing down sale (and on the phone the guy said it was all brand new, boxed and ready to go so I was suspecting no trouble). But oh no, my parents picked it up and apparently the rack was an ex demo unit and used. Nevermind I thought its only the rack. But when they brought it up to me I discovered that all the clamps to attach the drums and cymbals and brain to were missing. I now have a full e-kit sitting in my living room that I can't use. Its pretty much the most frustrating thing imaginable!! Lol.

And surprise surprise the shop are being PAINFULLY slow getting hold of a new one.

I hate crappy music shops.

Rant over.
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frustration!!

Such is the way of the World...but, I know what you mean. If there is nothing else that can be done at this time, do the best you can to cope and look forward to the time you can put it behind you and get on with your playing.

User Info Menu

Yom, sorry for your trouble mate . I have owned several e kits and would like to share this info with you...a lot of serious e drummers will replace the roland clamps with a different brand that are metal not sure right now what clamp but, if you were interested i could do a little surfing and find out for ya. The roland clamps are plastic and one wrong bump or tighten it too much and they will crack and break. Hope the info helps
    Last edited by 2slow; 07-18-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for that info 2slow. It hadn't occurred to me that the plastic clamps might break easily but it makes sense.

I'm probably going to be using the kit for practise only so not sure I need to reinforce the Roland ones but in the event that they do break I'd certainly want to replace them with something stronger!
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

Dude I feel for you man! Wow, I sure hope that shop stands up and does the right thing. Heres hoping you be jamming out real soon!

User Info Menu

hate crappy music shops? try living in the Philippines. the only chance I had to buy the cymbals I want was when I was in the US on a vacation trip.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Man, I think we've all experienced a store that's taken advantage of us. Unfortunately, there are some stores that are just not customer oriented, and others that are just desperate, because business is bad. No matter what, we have to keep in mind that life is too short to put to much energy into hating the store owners. Coming here and getting it out is good, then do what you can with the store. In the end, there is always the manufacturer. They want you to have a good experience with their goods, so if you communicate with them, they might be able to help you with (sell you) the parts you need to get things right. I've even had manufacturers send me parts for free. The goodwill of a customer is an awesome thing for generating positive word of mouth advertising for a product.

Yom, that's a long winded way of saying, if you don't get satisfaction from the music shop, contact the e-kit manufacturer and see what you can work out. All the best to you brother!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Frustration!!

I'm Wif Pastor Bob On This One,,,,contact Da Manufacturer Directly Give 'em Da Sceneraio And I'm Willin To Bet They Have Some Sort Of Suggestion If Not Da Solution....hearin From Da Customer Lets Companies Know They Need Customer Satifaction As 1st Priority....bad News Travels 10 Times Faster Than Good So Its In Their Best Interest To Make Us Happy And It Never Hurts To Ask For Their Help Directly Especially When The Dealer Is A Part Of Da Problem....good Luck,,,,try Gibralter Clamps....let Us Know What Happens
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

That would really annoy me. I have heard to many stories like this and that is why everytime I buy something new in a box, I ask to have the box opened to make sure nothing is broken or missing. The shop owners look at me weird and others understand but I really dont care.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Thanks for your supporting words everyone.

After over a week the shop has now said that Roland won't sell the MDS-12 Stand seperately. I have just emailed Roland and asked them myself because I don't really believe that. How can they not supply the Racks on their own? For instance what if somebody damaged a stand beyond repair? Are they then to buy a whole new kit? I submit that to buy a new stand you would probably have to contact Roland themselves but I don't see a reason why this shop can't get hold of it. Just waiting on Roland's response now really.

I'm telling you when I get this kit set up I'm going to be practising like a beast, hehe

User Info Menu

death to crappy music shops!

User Info Menu

unfortunately stores going out of bussiness, and liquidating inventory are normally out for one thing, getting as much money for what they have left as they can before they go under. As pastor Bob suggested the manufacturer may be your best bet. Get a hold of Roland, my guess is they will set you up with the clamps, to make you a happy customer. It's also good to let them know one of their retailers isn't representing them well.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

A good manufacturer will usually keep a tight hold on the dealer network, in your case the business is going down, so pressure from the manufacturer to the dealer will be small to non existant. Your best bet is a sob story to the manufacturer and I am sure they will come to the party. Note to young guy's when shopping for large ticket items where warranty may be a future issue, always check that the place you purchase the item from is an authorized dealer!! dont take the shops word for it, check with the manufacturer.

User Info Menu

damn the man

User Info Menu

i know how you feel Yom have you gone back to the store in person yet?

User Info Menu

Wonder why they were having a closing sale? LOL

User Info Menu

TRy this little isle in the Bahamas. You want a new drum?...Pretty well have to skin a goat!

all the best..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    TRy this little isle in the Bahamas. You want a new drum?...Pretty well have to skin a goat!

all the best..
    well at least you will have no problem with replacement skins/heads!!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

So Yom, was there any resolution to this or are the triggers still on the floor 4 months later?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....