Thread: Another newbie

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Another newbie

Yes- I have seen newbie initiation but I dont know anyone yet to send them a love poem.

Ok anyway- I am a newbie to drums. Had my second hand cheapo kit since Christmas and am slowly improving the kit with new goodies and cymbals and a new (to me) snare. Thank goodness for Ebay

Slowly I am learning rudiments and buying books on drumming and working my way through the maze

No teachers round here in mid Wales and damn few other drummers to talk to.

I am happy to drum in my outhouse while I get used to the kit and drumming and have no desire to perform although I do have a challenge with the musical branch of the family to play stairway to heaven with them at the family Christmas party.

At the moment that is an impossible task.

Sorry to mention another site but I found onlinedrummer before I found this site.

I see there are free lessons on here as well and I will work my way thought the threads here when I have time.

Have to go now- 3/4 hour of soaps left before the wife expects me back by here side for conversation

User Info Menu

Default Re: Another newbie

Welcome to Drum Chat Dolau! You'll find great advice and encouragement here. You'll also find a great friendly community of drummers that understand what you are going through in your desire to play the drums!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

im just 12 but im good. hears som rudements the names might not be spelt right i'll try my best (L=LEFT R=RIGHT) paradditll LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR I DONT NO WHAT THIS IS CALLED LLRRLLRRLLRRLLRRLLRR

User Info Menu

ALSO PRACTICE YOUR OPEN AND CLOSED ROLLS(doble and tripple rolls) i wish i had your type of money

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard! Wow, Stairway of Heaven! A little Led Zeppelin! Awesome song. You have plenty of time till Christmas and I am sure if you stick with it, you'll nail it. Practice, Practice and more practice

Cheers

User Info Menu

welcome young dude's
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Welcome, and enjoy!
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum, Lots of people here to share ideas with.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Dolau

enjoy your stay

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Llrrllrrllrrllrrllrrll....the Long Roll

User Info Menu

Cheers guys- nice to feel welcome

Here is my kit- slowly improving but all cheap or off ebay