Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do you practice?

User Info Menu

Default where do you practice?

just wondering if people practice at home or hire a room or whatever?

i have just done a deal with the owner of some squash courts near my apartment so our band can rehearse in a spare room he has. its pretty cool cos we can just leave our stuff set up the whole time and just turn up and play! iv'e always had hassle from the neighbours when playing at home.

User Info Menu

Default Re: where do you practice?

the basment

User Info Menu

Simon, I'm set up in my living room (the good news is that I have a family room where I hang out). I have the stereo right behind my kit, so I can put on the headphones and jam with some music when I'm done with my practice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That sounds like a great deal. There is not cooler then showing up and playing. No hassle or time wasted with setup.

I am in two bands right now, with my classic R&B, Soul and Funk band we rehearse at in the bass players garage. This is a set up and tear down situation

In my variety band we rehearse in the Keyboardists dining room. The lead vocalist is also a drummer. he has his kit set up there. When they asked me to join the band so he could step out front they said I would bring my own kit or play his. They added I was free to set up his kit anyway I chose. So I simply set his kit up exactly as I do my own and it stays there.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Where do I practice?

Usually behind my kit!

Ba dump bump CRASH! Thanks I'm here all week. . . .
    And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

Excellent Big Meow!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I practise in the Garage on my sons kit. My good kit gets set up for gig only.

User Info Menu

across the street in my friends spare room, or my room.
    i practice in my spare room by my self.
    in the spare, i practice with a guitarist and bassist also

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

I practice between my computer, wall, cd rack and sofa. Not much room to move, but once you memorize the map, it's easy!

User Info Menu

In the basement. You can still hear me playing for about half a block in all directions though.

User Info Menu

A corner of the garage.

User Info Menu

The third bedroom of the house.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Hey Simon,

Personally I practice at home in my bedroom, but I have Sound Off pads on those drums. I also play in church, and that band practices in church. And I'm with another band that rents practice space at a studio. That's the sweetest, because it's so well soundproofed that you can't even hear us down the hall.

We've been waiting to get monthly rental space so we can leave our gear set up like what you have. That has to be great! I would move my practice kit from my house there if that were the case. But he's been booked on monthly rental spaces for quite awhile now. I think that's the ideal situation, rather than having to setup and break down all the time.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

i practice downstairs, where i have my kit set up at, and so does my band.
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

I'm in two bands right now. For the band I play guitar in, we practice in the drummers garage, which is incidentally down the street from me, and for my new band (old one broke up) which I play drums in, we play in my basement.
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.

User Info Menu

in my basement, im gonna rent a studio with my thrash metal band, and were gonna leave everything there all the time. it'll rock.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

thats cool, i used to practice at home but always had issues with the neighbours, I even got listed as an official nuisance by the local council!

User Info Menu

I practice at the store in the drum lesson room. It`s really great because i have the room totally deadened with sound proofing. I also practice at the church with our bass player...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

My kit is set up in the office squeezed between a bookshelf and the dog kennel. It works for now though, we will be moving in about a year or so to a bigger house.
    "You can take away our keys, you can take away our phones, but you can NOT take away our dreams......Yeah!, thats because were like, sleeping when we have them."

User Info Menu

My room. It's hard for me to move about because of it, though :(
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    My room. It's hard for me to move about because of it, though :(
    drums, bed, maybe dresser, all you need!

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

My room. My room consists of a bed, a desktop computer, tv, dresser and my drumkit. I used to have a bookshelf until around 2 yrs ago, now its outside have to make room for the drums LOL
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

in a studio, where neighbors cant hear... this has caused many many late drunken nights where i still find myself behind the kit when i wake in the morning!

User Info Menu

bedroom in the winter , basement in the summer.

User Info Menu

basement