Thread: Band Camp

User Info Menu

Default Band Camp

I'm heading up to band camp today in Northern Arizona where the ASU sun devils football team has there camp. It should be awesome. We have at least five blocks a day. it's gonna be tough

User Info Menu

Default Re: Band Camp

I love camp dude! I'm heading up to camp next weekend, I'm psyched. We have a lot of tough drills to learn, but the music isn't so bad this year.
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.

User Info Menu

just dont come back with any this one time at band camp... stories k guys. have fun. play hard.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Sweet as! i would love to hear all about the drills that you do, things they teach you, and what you get up too :D

Get some vids and pics for us :P
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

There was this one time....at band camp....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

just got back today we have all of our closer memorized and it's ridiculous we are the only high school in Arizona that has snare triple back sticking. Me and the other tenors have a really exposed part so we are noticed instead of just the snares. I can't wait for our first show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cadesonT14 View Post
    I'm heading up to band camp today in Northern Arizona where the ASU sun devils football team has there camp. It should be awesome. We have at least five blocks a day. it's gonna be tough

I never had the opportunity to go , wish I would have.Lucky you .

User Info Menu

I used to look foward for summer drum corps camp. It wasn't long enough for me. We has atleast 2 instructors for every section in the drumline. That's also where we got free stuff from our endorsers. The food needed some help but everything else was great!

User Info Menu

yeah overall it's a good time

User Info Menu

Cool! My band dosent travel for band camp, we just stay in our town and have it on the baseball field, and man after band camp that field is tore up!
    my band got 2nd place at BOA Reigonals woo!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fufighter23 View Post
    Cool! My band dosent travel for band camp, we just stay in our town and have it on the baseball field, and man after band camp that field is tore up!
    There are also all kinds of band caps you can go to without your band. Google band camp and you'll get a pretty good list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    There are also all kinds of band caps you can go to without your band. Google band camp and you'll get a pretty good list.
    Thanks, I dont think my band director would like it though,hes very strict.
    my band got 2nd place at BOA Reigonals woo!

User Info Menu

Uh oh, band camp, beware of the girls that play flute.........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Uh oh, band camp, beware of the girls that play flute.........

That movie has the unbreakable steriotype of every band kid now.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Band Camp

Lets Give Credit To Drum & Bugle Corps When It Comes To Spicin And Drillin Marching Bands,,,,,Back In Da Day I Marched Wif "Marion Cadets" From End Of Field To End Of Field In 12 Minutes,,,,No Startin At Midfield;If Ya Couldnt Carry It Ya Couldnt Use It!!!!! Yo To DCI Forever!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    Lets Give Credit To Drum & Bugle Corps When It Comes To Spicin And Drillin Marching Bands,,,,,Back In Da Day I Marched Wif "Marion Cadets" From End Of Field To End Of Field In 12 Minutes,,,,No Startin At Midfield;If Ya Couldnt Carry It Ya Couldnt Use It!!!!! Yo To DCI Forever!!!!

You marched with marion? When? They were pretty successful until recently, they've had to fold since 2005 now, no matter how much they talk of a new season.