Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Problems

User Info Menu

Default Posting Problems

Howdy!

I'm a new member here that is having some problems posting.

I've tried several times to post in the "Percussion" section and I get a message saying that my post is awaiting moderation, but so far none of my attempts have resulted in an actual post. I've sent some private messages to one of the moderators of the Percussion forum and have been told that I should be able to post, but so far my posts don't show up.

I tried again this morning without luck. Do I need to wait a full week (I'm probably a few hours short of a week right now) before I can post or am I doing something else wrong?

I also notice that although I can log in and send private messages, I don't show up on the Members List.

I have cookies and javascript enabled on my web browser, but am still having this problem.

By the way, I'm using firefox on Linux.

Thanks for any advice that you can offer,

Cassady

User Info Menu

Default Re: Posting Problems

Cassady-
    Naw, I don't think your week is an issue. Never heard of it anyway... If your post is lengthy or a large photo incorporated, Might just be timing out on ya. Hang in there tho, They'll get ya squared up. Glad to have ya aboard!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Cassady, I see from your post that all is well now. Welcome to Drum Chat! Drum Chat is a family friendly, supportive place that is kept that was through the moderators, but also through the "screening" of the new members. The administration just checks for known spammers, etc. Usually it doesn't take much time, but there has been a larger than normal number of new members lately.

Hang out, enjoy, and ask any questions that are on your mind. This is a great place to be!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks!

I'll look and see if my post has shown up in the "Percussion" section and, if not, try posting it again. I saved a copy of my post after having it not go through on two previous occasions.

Thanks for the welcome, too.

Cassady

User Info Menu

Well, I just tried posting in the "Percussion" section again and here's the message I got when I hit the submit button:

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

and then I was automatically redirected back to the "Percussion" forum. This is the same message that I've gotten every time I try to post there.

Obviously, I can post here without issues.

Does anyone know that causes this behavior and if it's a mistake I'm making?

Thanks,

Cassady

User Info Menu

If you're posting links to commercial sites or other forums, it may be blocking it. We don't allow that here. Otherwise, I'll try to look into it further.

User Info Menu

I've also gotten the message about awaiting moderation when I tried to reply to this thread a number of times (I'm not sure how many, I was trying different combinations of browsers and extensions).

My original post might have contained a link to a commercial site, but only one that is in the dot com domain that provides some free drum lessons. If I can't post links to dot coms, I won't do that--I'll edit my post and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help,

Cassady

User Info Menu

I just tried again in the Percussion section, removing the link that I was trying to post about a commercial site that offers free lessons, and still got the message about moderation.

I've also gotten this message at least several times in attempting to respond to this thread.

If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you very much,

Cassady

User Info Menu

Sometimes posts in this forum seem to go through, sometimes they don't. I'll try to ascertain whether it's something on my end or not.

On the bright side, my post in Percussion has gone through at least once now.

Thanks again for all the help, and sorry about all of my replies to this thread, but I didn't notice a "Test" section.

Cassady

User Info Menu

I had the same problems for the first few days myself. The problem seems to mysteriously vanish after a few days of forum activity on your part.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

So if i just tried posting a thread with questions about drum sets ect and i included links of the drum sets i was looking at it probably wont work? just wondering if i should repost.
    4pc Remo with 30 + year old zildjians.
    Huge Alkaline Trio fan.
    15 years old
    Drummer for Undecided Three(Upcoming indie band)

User Info Menu

A problem with proper Registration??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaTrio View Post
    So if i just tried posting a thread with questions about drum sets ect and i included links of the drum sets i was looking at it probably wont work? just wondering if i should repost.
    We don't allow commercial posts here. If you come in here posting a bunch of commercial sites, they're not going to show up. You can however put pics in your posts if you need to refer to certain drums you have questions about.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

User Info Menu

when the ticker at the bottom says "100,000 posts" will you change the homepage from "over 80,000 posts" to "over 100,000 posts"

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

I had to send a cheque off to my ex the other day and the post office was closed!! any help posting that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    I had to send a cheque off to my ex the other day and the post office was closed!! any help posting that?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    400 big ones please PB, wire transfer will be just fine. she gets narly when it isnt on time!!

User Info Menu

Been having problems posting too. At least I know it's not personal

User Info Menu

been waiting for a cple days for a mod to approve my thread. still waiting! 1st one got denied cause of a link, so i had to copy the pic and info into the thread. hope all thread dont have to be approved before they are seen.

User Info Menu

Looks like you guys are getting your posts out now...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i was talking about starting a new thread

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AddictJ View Post
    i was talking about starting a new thread
    OK, no, each new thread does not have to be approved each time. You should be cleared pretty quickly, tho.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    OK, no, each new thread does not have to be approved each time. You should be cleared pretty quickly, tho.
    hope so. was trying to start a thread on a mixer in the recording forum. took like 3 or 4 days for them to deny it cause of a guitar center link to the mixer. now i have been waiting a couple days for them to approve the new thread i made. 1 day i will have it up lol

User Info Menu

pm a cple mods and still nothing!! tried to start another thread and still nothing. guess ill try something else

User Info Menu

There was some confusion on the backend. There were a lot of repeated posts. My apologies again.

For all who want to know or comment, the main post is here http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p....html?p=171604