Thread: former members

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default former members

Just wondering if any of you have qualms about playing with former members after a less than accomadable break-up?

ThePloughman Guest

Default Re: former members

Yes. Most likely the problems that left a bad taste in your mouth then, will be like vomit now. You dont need to fire the same people over and over.

User Info Menu

Shew...
    Alot of tricky stuff involved with that type of situation. I think it's dependant upon circumstances too tho. Sometimes it's best to push forward and not bring back any negative influence(s). Good luck tho!!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Band dynamics never change, if it didn't work once what makes you think it will a second time.

User Info Menu

most people wont change no matter what. Chances are if you already booted someone once or left once because of someone then they will not be any different when you get back. Just try to avoid any conflict.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Depends on the Situation. BTD mentioned about band dynamics never changing and that is very very true. They say don't look back.... on the other hand if its just a dep gig and will you earn decent cash, do it and moan about the rest of them to yourself in the car on the way home!!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Sometimes its not band dynamics though, it is often personality clashes within the band and as in my situation outside politics/influences that can cause band member issues.
    I have been in this situation re-outside pressure and all I will say on this topic is be true to yourself and your fellow band members, believe in yourselves. When the big lable guy's and lawyers get involved , ego's and true personalities really show through. Good news is time heals all wounds and the music speaks way louder than any words.

User Info Menu

I have reformed with members of previous bands but nit with any one I have had a personal issue with that was enough to break up band.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Thanks for the insight guys! It makes me feel good to realize I was probably playing with the wrong people. They've hit me up about playing with them since, but I have held steadfast. I would rather play by myself than put up with their BS.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cubs947 View Post
    Thanks for the insight guys! It makes me feel good to realize I was probably playing with the wrong people. They've hit me up about playing with them since, but I have held steadfast. I would rather play by myself than put up with their BS.
    being true to yourself is a great virtue, well done bud.