Thread: My lovely top hi hat

User Info Menu

Default My lovely top hi hat

Here some pics of my hi hat

Great isn't it?

User Info Menu

wow thats hurtin. do u play with that? or did it like recently have a meeting with some drum haters
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

I've been playing for an hr or two everyday since February. The crack is about 1 3/4in. There are two small cracks that are around an eighth of an inch. I'm still playin' it though. I'm gonna get some new ones in the next couple of days. The cool part about it is that it sounds like a china cymbal if you put it on a stand by itself.

User Info Menu

man!what did you do to it?did you mistake an axe for some sticks or try to play in a car crusher?

User Info Menu

Nope.
    My dad said he wouldn't buy new ones either.

User Info Menu

They're just cheap. The metal can't withstand heavy playing. Quality cymbals wont' do that.

User Info Menu

hahaha looks like somthing maxtone would make....sorry to see cymbals like that though

User Info Menu

Drummer's right, unless of course you're using chainsaws as drumsticks on good cymbals.

User Info Menu

I think the hats are paiste, but the logo was taken off.

User Info Menu

theres no way those where real paiste Hats... ive beat the shii shii outta my paiste crash ive broke sticks over that thing and it dosent even have a dent in it yet...ive only had it for about a year tho...
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Yep, those are Paiste.

User Info Menu

dude....i dont think ive ever seen a cymbal that looks like that, ever......wow......lol
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

my cymbals on my od kit are like that..the hats to
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I don't think that they are paiste..isn't there something like a logo carved in the cymbal (dont't know how to say it properly)
    i think they are just some cymbals that they give with the drumset.

User Info Menu

You raped that cymbal dude.

Hehe, I had an old set of cheap hi-hats. They we're secondhand on the first drumkit I bought. They we're so ****ed that if you stomped the hi-hat hard enough they'd flip inside out. Must of just been crappy metal though.

HB58