Thread: Zildjian Paper thin crash

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian Paper thin crash

I've checked their website and I can't find a cymbal I have. It's a 15'' A Zildjian paper thin crash cymbal. Is it still being made?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Paper thin crash

No idea but, I have a Zildjian 15" crash cymbal...never use it and am thinking of turning it into a clock.

User Info Menu

I found it using google. Several sites still stock them. I like to keep cymbals that are out of production safe and not play them. That way 20 years down the road my son will have some vintage cymbals that might be worth some money. I only do this on stuff I know will increase in value over the years.

User Info Menu

my dad has some 35 year old zildjians on his drum set that dont get used. Zildjian is engraved in them not painted on it like they are now. Think those are worth anything?
    4pc Remo with 30 + year old zildjians.
    Huge Alkaline Trio fan.
    15 years old
    Drummer for Undecided Three(Upcoming indie band)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaTrio View Post
    my dad has some 35 year old zildjians on his drum set that dont get used. Zildjian is engraved in them not painted on it like they are now. Think those are worth anything?
    what is the condition? and what is the line

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Google Vintage Cymbals and look at how much they are asking for old Zildjians. I saw one 22'' K ride for over a thousand bucks! You can get a new K ride, plus hi-hats, and maybe a splash with that kind of dough.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaTrio View Post

Yes, they're worth keeping! Have you ever played them? How do they sound? Don't get into the trap that everything newer has to be better. I still have my 20" Ziljian that I bought in 1965 and I still use the 18" Zildjian crash that bought along with it. My 20" K Constantinople (Zildjian) would set you back over $400 today at sale price.

User Info Menu

great condition i play with them its the only set we have. When my dad told me how old they were he said they were worth a couple hundred each at least but he didnt look it up or anything just assumed.
    Huge Alkaline Trio fan.
    15 years old

User Info Menu

they say like avedis or something on them and say genuine zildjian turkish cymbals made in usa. Its not easy to read because they have been played but you can still read the engraving. Good shape they sound good from what i know its the only drumset i've played though.
    Huge Alkaline Trio fan.
    15 years old

User Info Menu

awesome, hold em for 15 more years, and BOOM selling some 50th's you could probably make more money than the 40 or 35's!

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Ebay has been wonderful for making old cymbals valuable. The collectors can drive the demand up for the auctions because it is world wide. And there are those that are willing to pay unreal prices for some of this stuff, particularly old K's.

IL DUCE Guest

I have on old paper thin crash myself. It's gotta be 15-20 yrs old now. It's just begining to crack just a bit around the bell. I still use it, sounds great. I don't know why but I never sell cymbals. I'm thinking of replacing it with something new just so the cracks won't spread. PerhapsI'll put it on my display case. Either way keep what you got.

User Info Menu

I play a paper thin , thin ,and medium thin crashes had em for 15 or more years just like new ! They still make these look most anywhere for em
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!