Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We just played on TV this morning! (link to live clip)

User Info Menu

Default We just played on TV this morning! (link to live clip)

My band, ne plus ultra, just played on Fox Rox this morning. This is just a segment on the local Fox morning news that features local bands every couple of weeks...
    It's funny, my kit wasn't even mic'ed AT ALL and it almost overpowers some of the instruments! I love my new kit!!!
    Anyway, I'm glad I can finally show you guys something that represents what this band sounds like now...
    Here's the clip:
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

User Info Menu

Default Re: We just played on TV this morning! (link to live clip)

Cool Peach! The new kit sounded great!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nice kit, what are you playing on? You play a lot like I do in terms of how you move, etc... so it's kind of funny to watch.

It's also cool that you can get on TV. Not that my band does a lot anymore, but when we were playing a lot in the late 80's to mid-90's it was impossible to get any recognition. Then again, we're outside NYC so there are 1000's of bands in the area.

And what's with the crazy camera work from the TV station ?

User Info Menu

PB- thanks bro, I was lovin' my kit! It's funny, 'cause the last time we played this thing I had my old kit and you couldn't hear the drums hardly at all. This time as soon as it went off the air our bassist's mom called him and said 'All I could hear was the drums!' I was excited to hear that!

kaosotis- I play a PDP LXE kit with A Customs all around. Look at my profile & album, there are some pics...
    And I know what you mean; when I see someone that plays like me I get stoked and feel like I really identify with them!
    The camera work was pretty goofy, trying a little too hard to be MTV-ish I guess.

Also, I think the sound was just 1 or 2 mics in the general area, but at least everything was audible.

User Info Menu

Thats was a great song song right there. Nice kit bro and great sound on them. What kind of ride are you playing ? That is the exact sound Im looking for in a ride. But everytime I hit the drum shop I just can't seem to find the right one.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Thats was a great song song right there. Nice kit bro and great sound on them. What kind of ride are you playing ? That is the exact sound Im looking for in a ride. But everytime I hit the drum shop I just can't seem to find the right one.
    Thank you brotha! Since we got our new guitarist (actually my old friend Arnett, the brother with the purple git), we have been writing some good stuff! That one is only about a month old...
    Anyway I play an A Custom Ping Ride. It really rings out if you shank it across the bell, although I was playing it very normally in that song. 20" I guess; I've had it so long I never think about it, but I love all my A Customs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    Thank you brotha! Since we got our new guitarist (actually my old friend Arnett, the brother with the purple git), we have been writing some good stuff! That one is only about a month old...
    Anyway I play an A Custom Ping Ride. It really rings out if you shank it across the bell, although I was playing it very normally in that song. 20" I guess; I've had it so long I never think about it, but I love all my A Customs.
    I knew I was getting close. I bought a 20" A custom medium ride off a guy cheap. 180 bucks and it had like 10 stick marks on it. It is close to what I want but you have the one Im looking for. Might see if I can work a deal with someone around here on a trade or something. Keep rocking bro you guys sound great.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Cool Re: We just played on TV this morning! (link to live clip)

Cool Beans Peach....Yer Kit Carried Very Well(I Lub Dem A Customs) Abit Different Sounding W/ Female Vocals Front&back.....Cant Wait To Hear More.....Congrats
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Very cool, song sounded good, drums sounded great. The lead singer kinda sounds like Grace Slick a little. Keep it up!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

great sounding snare, nice reverb on it and thats with no mikes!!

User Info Menu

That was great! Your drums were excellent sounding and your snare (WOW)!

I have been working alot with mic's and techniques and other issue and I have only one negative thing to say. Your singer should not cup the opening of the mic in any way when singing into it. I could hear how frail and weak her voice became when she did that. I won't let our singer do that if I can help it.

Other than that, congrats on your 15 mins of fame (maybe one of many. )
    Last edited by Bish; 10-08-2008 at 03:14 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot guys. I wish some of y'all lived closer so you could come hear more of the songs we've been doing, I'm really digging our newer stuff. If anyone is ever around H-Town, I'm happy to hook up guest list slots.

I do get a lot of compliments on my snare, it's the little 12" free-floating shell I've been telling you guys about. Drummers who talk to me after shows have a hard time believing it's a 12 until they see it up close!

Bish- I hear ya on the mic technique thing. I've spoken to her a little about it but I feel weird telling someone else how to use their instrument... She does understand proximity to the mic but hasn't grasped the problems of cupping it yet..

We're going to record a few songs in about 6 weeks for a demo to shop around (we have a couple label connections developing right now, one European and at least one American). Anyway, I'll let everyone know when I have some songs to show you all.

User Info Menu

Very Well Done!!! Looks like the band needs bigger amps, now. Great to see you rockin, and on TV!!!

User Info Menu

peach-
    That was sharp budro! You had em thumpin!! Your A customs really sounded good outside too man. Keep rockin, You got it goin yer way!!!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

i love it

very nice job of all your band

thanx for sharring

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by peach_tx View Post
    My band, ne plus ultra, just played on Fox Rox this morning. This is just a segment on the local Fox morning news that features local bands every couple of weeks...
    It's funny, my kit wasn't even mic'ed AT ALL and it almost overpowers some of the instruments! I love my new kit!!!
    Anyway, I'm glad I can finally show you guys something that represents what this band sounds like now...
    Here's the clip:
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...d=1.1.1&sflg=1
    Thats awesome man, congrats.

BYW what are you doing playing my kit lol, dont those drums just sing man, god I love mine.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Thats awesome man, congrats.

BYW what are you doing playing my kit lol, dont those drums just sing man, god I love mine.
    Yep, they are LOUD!!!

User Info Menu

That was awesome, and your playing is really solid. very good band and congratulations on the TV time. Way to go!

User Info Menu

wow that's really cool

User Info Menu

Thanks man!
    Yes, my PDPs are 100% maple, with just an outer veneer of Kurillian birch. I use Evans EC2's on the tom batters and Generra HD dry on the snare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Awesome, your 12" snare really sings. Your drums there maple right? What heads are you using?
    I love those A's too.

User Info Menu

that was awesome your band sounded great and so did your drums. you are an excellent drummer

User Info Menu

That was excellent

User Info Menu

Thanks fellas!
    Yeah Dave, those platinums are nice, I like the new lugs.

User Info Menu

pt , not bad at all , you guys and gals sounded pretty good, congrats on being able to play on the tube too .

User Info Menu

Congrats, i like the sound, its not overpowering like most metal