Thread: Sabian Paragon hi hats

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Paragon hi hats

I just upgraded from some zildjians i had to a pair of Paragons by Sabian. They are by far my favorite hi hat ever. You guys should definetely check it out and also the hhx or hhk crash cymbals.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Paragon hi hats

I have those hats and a couple crashes and a splash.

If you haven't you should try the Paragon 22" ride. Oh man!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

One of these days I need to check out the Paragons. I haven't heard anything bad about them, that's for sure. But I blew my wad on gear last year, so it will be awhile before I can be investing in any new cymbals. Particularly since I play mostly Paiste Sigs, and my hats are Trads. To me it is awfully difficult to justify replacing cymbals that I have so much invested in.

But I do have an open mind, and love hearing people singing the praises of other cymbals. Enjoy them cadeson!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

i will have to check out that ride cymbal

User Info Menu

My son has most of the Paragon line, except fir the chinas and the the big crash. The ride is definately the best of the bunch. When you go to the bell on this bad boy, your audience had better be wearing helmets! He and I both agree that the hats are the weakest component. They're a bit clunky and inarticulate. They're fine for bashing away, though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Could you give me a little description on the sound of the crash Bish, maybe compared to Zildjian A`s.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes