Thread: Zildjian ZBT (please respond!!!!)

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian ZBT (please respond!!!!)

Should I get 'em?

20'' ride
    16''crash
    14'' hi hats
    FREE 18'' crash
    And cymbal bag for free.

This is part of Guitar centers 44th aniversery, I HAVE to buy in August though to get the free 18'' crash and bag. Should I buy??

Again.............!PLEASE RESPOND! just a yes or no would be great thanks alot.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian ZBT (please respond!!!!)

The other items are not really free. It's a way to get you to buy more cymbals at one time. I would save your money and invest in higher quality cymbals.

User Info Menu

No, save your money. I have the full set because it came with my first set I got about a month and a half ago. The 16 and 18 have annoying rings and the sound is not defined. The ride has a nice loud bell but when you ride it you hear this annoying high pitch ring. The hi-hats aren't that bad. They are pretty crisp. I'm looking to upgrade my cymbals pretty soon.

User Info Menu

Yeah I would definitely suggest that you save your money.

As Nik276 said, the 20" ride has a pretty good bell that cuts through other sounds but thats about the only reason I like my ZBT ride and im upgrading sometime this month anyway.
    Awaken The Dead - My Band

User Info Menu

I have played the ZBT series and I like the bell on the ride. As Nik276 said it is really loud and cuts through other sounds, but apart from that you would benefit far more by waiting and saving up to buy a higher range of cymbals such as Zildjian Z customs. Can't go wrong with them
    Awaken The Dead - My Band

User Info Menu

go with a couple high end cymbals, this way you`ll begin acquiring life-time cymbals now. Zbt`s are only a temporary fix.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I would agree and save to get better cymbals,when i started playing i bought cheap ones then upgraded twice,It would have been far cheaper buying high end ones in the beginning.
    Mapex m birch,black forest cherry,sabian,zildjian cymbals,big dog,pearl pedals,yamaha electric kit.

User Info Menu

i had the 16" crash and it was really nice
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
    I would agree and save to get better cymbals,when i started playing i bought cheap ones then upgraded twice,It would have been far cheaper buying high end ones in the beginning.
    agreeed
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

This is the great thing about the Forum...no lack of honest feedback. The cymbal packs are more of getting rid of merchandise that we wouldn't buy individually. Advertising to the contrary, you always pay for what you are getting...there simply are no freebies. The guys are right, Short Stack, save your money and start acquiring some quality cymbals...they truly make a difference.

User Info Menu

I say yes if you are in desperate need of some cymbals.

otherwise, as everyone else said, save up for better ones.

User Info Menu

i ad the hi hat but 13 inch 14 are bad

i say just buy less cymball buy more quality

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Shortstack, it all depends on what your income looks like. If you've got a shot at the ZBT's right now through the kindness of family, or a windfall from some recent hard work, but have no future income expected, then the ZBT's can get you by for now. I had them for awhile, and there are worse cymbals out there.

On the other hand, if you can afford to buy a little here and a little there, there are some lightly used cymbal deals out there that can give you a real nice set up. This way takes time, and a little more money, but it would be far less than all new pro-level cymbals, and in the end, you'd have pro-level cymbals instead of the ZBT's.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

You'd really have to search to find something that sounds worse than ZBT's (IMO). Garbage!

User Info Menu

If you really need cymbals, like now, get them. Just start feeding your piggy bank and you can replace them as you can afford them. I have the 14"hi hat, 16'crash and 20" ride. They are ok, but have heard some better ones that I will get as soon as the money tree starts shedding. If you are just looking to upgrade cymbals, save your money and try all you can until you find what suits you.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I have to agree with the majority, save for pro level cymbals(new or used). You won't regret it.
    Sonor, Zildjian, Remo, DW and Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    You'd really have to search to find something that sounds worse than ZBT's (IMO). Garbage!
    RD, I agree that they're not great, but when I bought my beginner kit, the cymbals that came with that were absolute trash can lids. The ZBT's that I got were definitely a step up. Once I upgraded my kit, I also knew the cymbals needed to be upgraded too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    RD, I agree that they're not great, but when I bought my beginner kit, the cymbals that came with that were absolute trash can lids. The ZBT's that I got were definitely a step up. Once I upgraded my kit, I also knew the cymbals needed to be upgraded too.
    Yep. I don't know how they get those starter kit cymbals to sound like that. Sounds like a cookie sheet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
    go with a couple high end cymbals, this way you`ll begin acquiring life-time cymbals now. Zbt`s are only a temporary fix.
    crazyd hit the nail on the head , you will want to keep high end cymbals even if you decide to trade in your drums for a new set

good sounding quality cymbals can go with any set you have , you will never want to trade your good cymbals.

yes they are very expensive ,but worth every penny

User Info Menu

I used to play ZBT's but i just got some sabian paragons I liked them but they definetely aren't the highest quality if you are looking for a really good quality i would look into the A or K zildjians

User Info Menu

If you invest on pro quality cymbals now you wont have to replace them later. You cannot make a bad sounding cymbal sound good no matter what you do so it is best to purchase the best you can now and save yourself a bunch of heartache later. if you have a clinker cymbal on your kit every time you hit it you are reminded how much you hate it, or you never hit it at all and it just sits there taking up space. I agree with PB though, evaluate you income and decide if the ZBT's are all that you will be able to afford in the long run then by all means buy them and play them as long as you need to.