Thread: Taye or DW double bass pedal???? Please Help!

User Info Menu

Default Taye or DW double bass pedal???? Please Help!

Finally I made my decision buying a double bass pedal but I don’t Know what to buy… After a long search on the Internet these two pedals were the results. They all look good but I can't judge on that.
    So I decided to ask those who have more experience.

Here are the links for both of the pedals.

Taye http://www.music123.com/Taye-Drums-P...-i161438.music

DW http://www.music123.com/Product/Product.aspx?sku=23453

And if you know something better than both of them please don't hesitate to post the link.

Thank you very much for your help.

PS: I live in a country that doesn't have these kinds of instruments so I can't try them out. So I only can buy from www.music123.com and my budget is around 200$ .
    Last edited by MoKu; 11-01-2006 at 10:31 PM.

User Info Menu

I would go with the dw. I have been using the 5000 for years. you could also check out the iron cobras supposed to be good

User Info Menu

My son has the DW 5000. He's had it for two years and it is holding up very well. It was money well spent.

User Info Menu

So I guess I'll go for the DW.

Thanks Alot Guys... It really helped alot

You Guys Rock \m/

User Info Menu

Guys have a look at this pedal…
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DOUBLE-BASS-DRUM...QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think ???
    And is it safe to buy from ebay ??? I never tried it before.

User Info Menu

Default I am having a simliar problem...

I am decideing what bow to buy and the one I want I can't afford. My budget is like 25 dollars and I have to buy more rosin and sheet music too. Anyhow, I have a concert to perform next wednesday so I better choose wisely.
    I do not know which one would be better for you but the Taye one looked ok. But the ones on ebay are much cheaper. Pray on it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I have bought off of ebay. I have bought many student violins for my children. The shippers I have had were very good. I have bought from CA and OH i believe it was OH. Ebay is ok, there are a lot of scammers of course. Like I tell my kids, if you do not feel comfortable doing something either don't do it or research it (or the buyer) and make a wise desicion. I have also bought clothes off ebay I always research the buyer the good and the bad and ask them question I never buy outside of the USA. I was once an ebay freak with the bidding because it is so fun. make sure you use paypal that's the only way I buy things off there. besafe!
    Last edited by 1stTimeDrummer; 11-07-2006 at 03:16 PM.
    1stTimeDrummer

User Info Menu

Moku, that pedal set looks like a Pearl Eliminator knockoff. It's a good design, but I'm not sure if I would spend the money on a no-name brand piece of equipment. Also, E-bay is a good place to buy, just make sure you check the feedback on the person you are buying from. Personnaly, I would stick with the DW pedals.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Okay Thanks guys.. But I still Don't understand why stuff are much cheaper on ebay ???

User Info Menu

Moku, here are a few reasons:
    1. Much of it is used.
    2. Many small store owners run the businesses out of their homes and they don't have a lot of overhead (expenses). Therefore, they can sell at a lower price.
    3. Many store owners use E-bay to attract customers. They'll do what's called a loss leader to get your business and they'll hope to either upsell you or get more of your business later.

User Info Menu

Default taye

I own that taye pedal and love it....i like more than my pearl eliminator or mw dw 5000.........relay good pedal

User Info Menu

Do NOT buy that piece of crap from Ebay. It's a Sonic Drive, and its a horrible pedal.

Go with the DW, proper hardware.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

definatly DW man, even if it is more expensive, its WORTH IT!!!! trust me
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

I wholeheartedly agree (big surprise, lol)....I have 2 DW double pedals, a 5000 I bought in 1989 (which is still in perfect working order), and a 5000 Delta II I bought in 1997....now, I spent about 325 bucks for the first pedal, in 1989, but, 18 years later, I still have it, and still use it (on my practice kit), so, for the money, in the long run, I would definitely say DW would be the wiser choice.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

go with dw
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy