Thread: Mastersound Ks love affair?

User Info Menu

Red face Mastersound Ks love affair?

What the title says. Wanna know if anyone else out there feel the same way....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mastersound Ks love affair?

Everyone's going to hate me, but I don't see what's so great about them. I've played on 13" mastersound hats numerous times, and I'm not a fan. Neither the feel of the hats nor the sound appeal to me.

Don't worry, you'll probably get some K worshipers to side with you.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't turn down a free set of them but I think they are WAY overrated not to mention over priced. Sorry.

User Info Menu

The Master K's are a remarkable hat set. I had decided to purchase them but, opted instead, for the Mel lewis sig 14" Istanbul AGOP hats. I already had the lewis 21" big band ride and wanted to have the hats from the same make. These hats sound closely to the K's.

User Info Menu

I first thought they were a bit washy but with the right pressure on the felt they now have a great tik. Just grew on me i guess, thats love no?

User Info Menu

I fell in love with them when I first heard them. However I'd go to a custom cymbal company because of the price.

User Info Menu

i cant stand them. i have a pair of the 13 inch ones and want to get rid of them so bad, i replaced them with classic paiste 1000s and they work so much better for me.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Well i got a few on my side but thanks for taking the time pple.. Next time il b mindful of the proper section for this post