Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worlds most unlucky drummer

User Info Menu

Default The worlds most unlucky drummer

I think im the drummer with the worst luck, yesterday i was out riding my motorbike and for the first time ever i fell and hit my right shoulder on the road, and luckyely i only hurt it by the hit, nothings broken or anything, but i wont be able to play the drums for some time, and i have a show to play tomorrow night.... i have found a stand in for the band but he's not as good as me, but i hope it goes well....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: The worlds most unlucky drummer

Sorry about that, but you aren't unlucky. You just have to realize that there are two kinds of motorbike riders out there: those who are injured, and those who will be injured.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DantheMan View Post
    Sorry about that, but you aren't unlucky. You just have to realize that there are two kinds of motorbike riders out there: those who are injured, and those who will be injured.
    Amen Dan!!

Sorry to here about the injury Mr Ice, but I'm glad you were smart enough to let someone sit in for you so that you can heal. I sure hope you get well quick.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

SOrry about your injury. Hope is heals as soon as possible!
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive. - Rush

User Info Menu

Sorry to here you cant do the gig, Hope the not as good as you drummer does a fair job for the band and the audiences sake.
    get well soon.

User Info Menu

The worlds unluckiest drummer was that of def leppard... he lost his arm in a car crash...
    crazydrummer: Metal sounds like someone is rampaging through a pig pen with a machine gun....

Shazane: They are firing that machine gun at a perfect 380 BPM in 7/8, while the agonized screams of the pigs are flawlessly harmonizing arpeggios at 20 notes per second.

MetalManMonkey:

User Info Menu

Bummer sorry to hear about you trouble, I hope the gig goes well so your bandmates will forgive you.

User Info Menu

the gig went fine, i went to see it even thoug i didnt play... at the beginning i walked out on stage and said a few words about why we changed the song a little, the other drummer is not that good with the double pedals so we did some slower songs (or they did) the peeps who where there seemed to like it anyway at that is what matters...

i have never fallen on the bike before, i guess that in lucky in the sence that it was nothing serius but unlucky that it happend when it did... for now we dont book anymore gigs untill im better....

yeah the drummer in def leppard is more unlucky...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Amen Dan!!

Sorry to here about the injury Mr Ice, but I'm glad you were smart enough the let someone sit in for you so that you can heal. I sure hope you get well quick.
    ...motorcycle haters!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vicfirth View Post
    ...motorcycle haters!
    just what i was thinking at first

User Info Menu

LOL I had a friend that I talked to when I was thinking about getting a bike. He had ridden dirt bikes for most of his life, and he told me that it's not if you have an accident, it's only a matter of when. I decided not to get the bike, because I made a living with my hands (that, and my wife said no, because I made a living with my hands. Gotta listen to the boss! ).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I was thinking about this and perhaps a better way of looking at it is to count your blessings that you were not injured more than you were and you future looks bright instead of lying in a hospital bed with a broken neck and being a quadra pelagic for the rest of your life. I have a friend that was recently at the beach with his family and was struck in the neck and head with a surf board and broke his neck, chances are very good he will spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair.
    Last edited by backtodrum; 08-14-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: said hotel bed instead of hospital bed.

User Info Menu

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your friend BTD! It's a good reminder that life can turn on a dime! Playing music and doing my job are fun things to do, but spending time with, and loving my family will always be more important!

User Info Menu

for now i live by the saying " live to play, play to live"
    you only get one life might as well live it... i guess my veiw will change when i settle down with a family.... but for now i live life in the fast lane and dont look back... well right now i dont do much other than sit on my flat a*s but im gonna get right back on my bike as soon as im better...

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The worlds most unlucky drummer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    I think im the drummer with the worst luck, yesterday i was out riding my motorbike and for the first time ever i fell and hit my right shoulder on the road, and luckyely i only hurt it by the hit, nothings broken or anything, but i wont be able to play the drums for some time, and i have a show to play tomorrow night.... i have found a stand in for the band but he's not as good as me, but i hope it goes well....
    Hey, Mr Ice, hope your stand-in did a good job, man...I just found this thread (and BTW, welcome aboard!)...the only thing worse than that is finding out your right shoulder was the only part of your body that wasn't hurt!

Actually, I fell some years ago and broke my right pinky when my hard-sided briefcase landed hard on it...couldn't bang anything, much less my bongos...it was a miserable six weeks, but the craziest thing was that when the doctor gave me the go-ahead to start playing again, I discovered I was playin' better than ever! Maybe...just maybe...it could happen to you, too (the better results, that is!)...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Hey, Mr Ice, hope your stand-in did a good job, man...I just found this thread (and BTW, welcome aboard!)...the only thing worse than that is finding out your right shoulder was the only part of your body that wasn't hurt!

Actually, I fell some years ago and broke my right pinky when my hard-sided briefcase landed hard on it...couldn't bang anything, much less my bongos...it was a miserable six weeks, but the craziest thing was that when the doctor gave me the go-ahead to start playing again, I discovered I was playin' better than ever! Maybe...just maybe...it could happen to you, too (the better results, that is!)...
    thx....

well the only drumming i do right now is with the feet, i just cant stay away from them....

User Info Menu

whis me luck, im going to get checked up tomorrow... then i will know when i can start the pounding again...

fingers crossed

User Info Menu

I'd have to say Dawg is pulling ahead in the polls as the most unlucky drummer right now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I'd have to say Dawg is pulling ahead in the polls as the most unlucky drummer right now.
    Yeah, guess that's true!

Mr. Ice, I sure hope things went well at the check up.

User Info Menu

i have to wait untill the middle of september before i start drumming again, and all the way till october before starting back at work.... so that sucks, but other than that everything looks good...

and oh yeah if you remember not to long ago a had an acsident with my left leg.... allthoug it was not on the bike, but that is why i was feeling (anyway) like the worlds most unlucky drummer... and with the show and all...

User Info Menu

John Densmore-TheDoors

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by reboundjunkie View Post
    John Densmore-TheDoors

Got to be Pete Best surely??
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your injuries dude. Hope you heal quickly.

I'm not a bike hater or anything (actually, I really really really want one), but I have to agree with the guys above. I've seen too many people scraped out of the wheel wells of cars (stuff you can't control: other drivers) and too many people who's helmets become bowls for what used to be their cranial matter (stuff within your control: your riding) around here for me to even consider actually buying a bike. I'm not making those examples sound more extreme than what really happens. I've actually seen that crap. Doesn't happen to everyone, but when you get on the bike your chances go way up. So you can say you only live once, but you only die once too. I don't want to have to hear about you being scraped up off the pavement man.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post

I'm not a bike hater or anything (actually, I really really really want one), but I have to agree with the guys above. I've seen too many people scraped out of the wheel wells of cars (stuff you can't control: other drivers) and too many people who's helmets become bowls for what used to be their cranial matter (stuff within your control: your riding) around here for me to even consider actually buying a bike. I'm not making those examples sound more extreme than what really happens. I've actually seen that crap. Doesn't happen to everyone, but when you get on the bike your chances go way up. So you can say you only live once, but you only die once too. I don't want to have to hear about you being scraped up off the pavement man.
    I dont thnk I could ride a bike. This is probalby down to the fact both my dad and a real close mate both nearly got killed on motorbikes. Not their fault but a QS2 points out, it other drivers you have to watch for.
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post

i know that i can say, well that will never happen to me, but i cant be sure... I hate to say that mayby just mayby i should have listened to my parrents before i got it, but i was all like, hey did'nt you just want to do all sort of stuff when you were young... and they were, well kinda, but they did'nt and recred it now, well my dad anyway...

and i most say thanks for the concern, even thoug i dont think you would hear about it if the metioned should happen (seeing as i live in denmark)...

anyway, my arm really feels a whole lot better, but im still gonna wait till the end of next week before playing the drums with it, cant wait....

by the way i do plan to ride the bike in the future, at least untill i get a bit older and get a family... uhm i guess some might think that if i continue riding the bike the next fall (7-9-13 (a thing we use here in denmark to not jinx it)) could be worse and even fatal, but you cant live in fear all your life...