Thread: what to get?

User Info Menu

Default what to get?

ok guys, im looking for a great cymbal set that dosent cost too much. Ive been looking at a zilgian ZHT rock set which cost abo $230 and im just wondering if yall knew where i could get a better deal or if you had any other input about cymbal buying. I only play rock music so i would perfer a more aggressive sound.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: what to get?

If you buy cheap you'll only want better in the future... but if your a beginner than zht's are fine or sabian b8 (really popular).

but seriously i would research higher end cymbals because if your replacing old cymbals with beginner cymbals than your wasteing money in my eyes.

User Info Menu

well i need a good quality set because i play in a band but i cant spend a fortune tho

User Info Menu

Sorry but...Quality and cheap cannot exist in the same context. What you can do is to buy a quality Ride cymbal and coexist with what else you might have until you can eventually upgrade those. At least every one I know has done this and so did I. Along the way, you get to learn an awful lot and that is always helpful.

User Info Menu

All i can say is go to your local music store and try stuff out and what you like and is in budget is the only sure way you wont be dissapointed because somebody may like something you hate...Also dont be tricked into rip offs...like the zildjan pitch blacks....horrible feedback cheep looking all around bad.

User Info Menu

I have ZHT rock pack since I did not want to spend an arm and a leg. I am not a pro, but I have been playing for over 3 decades. I am happy with the sound. It is not like they are garbage. Figure what you can afford first and try them out.

User Info Menu

You could buy them, and later save for upgrades. That is my plan. I don't have a money tree, and I am just learning this new found love. Side jobs, if you have time will help fund your quest.

User Info Menu

Sabian XS20 cymbals are reasonably priced cast cymbals. The B8 and the ZHT/ZXT are all sheet cymbals. Definitely worth a look...great sound...decent money.

User Info Menu

any body got an idea for a good ride, maybe even a decent 21" that isnt to much?

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Saluda earthworks ride or saluda glory ride

User Info Menu

id go witht eh b8 or b8pro for that price range, but like everyone else has said you cant expect to spend little and get alot but i personally stille have the b8 pack, they are decent but your never going to stop wanting more once you get going