Thread: I fell off my throne

User Info Menu

Default I fell off my throne

Only because the pole connecting the seat to the legs tore and snapped off while I was playing. I felt myself falling back and before I knew it I was on the floor. If I was on a drum riser, I most likely would of caused some serious injury. Time to upgrade my throne to something heavier duty.

Any suggestions?

EDIT, I just realised I should of posted this in the hardware, equipment section. Silly me, must of been the fall
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Default Re: I fell off my throne

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    Only because the pole connecting the seat to the legs tore and snapped off while I was playing. I felt myself falling back and before I knew it I was on the floor. If I was on a drum riser, I most likely would of caused some serious injury. Time to upgrade my throne to something heavier duty.

Any suggestions?

HOLA como estas LIVEWIRE MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) SI get something STRONGER (and be More careful*
    Mi amigo from down under the ENCHANTING LAND **

EDIT, I just realised I should of posted this in the hardware, equipment section. Silly me, must of been the fall
    HOLA como estas LIVEWIRE MI AMIGO CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) SI get something STRONGER (and be More careful*
    Mi amigo from down under the ENCHANTING LAND **

User Info Menu

Any suggestions?
    Time to lose some weight!

User Info Menu

There are allot of nice thrones out there, Roc n Socs are nice, I play a DW9000 series throne, Even the 900 series PDP thrones look pretty comfy. All of the major manufactures produce some really nice thrones so go try a few and get the one you are most comfortable with.

User Info Menu

LW, one question I have is whether you want something with a back to it, or just the seat (I'm assuming you want a tractor seat).

I have a Tama throne with a tractor seat that it is cloth top, and it has a screw adjustment, so no bolt through hole thing. It's a solid throne for around $70. I was surprised by the price when I saw it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

LOL drummer!

Thanks for the advice guys. BTD, that PDP 900 is worth 260 bux down here brand new but does look very comfy. PB, I dont really mind if it is a round seat or saddle or tractor. I have got my eyes on the Mapex T575A saddle throne for 100 bux. Looks durable enough

Newly Designed Saddle-style Cushioned Seat
    *Contoured Reinforced Foam Seat 17" wide by 4" thick
    *Durable Soft-Vinyl Seat Cover
    *Die Cast Memory Lock
    *Steel Tube Height Adjustment with Tube Collar Lock
    *16.1"-24.4" Height Range
    *Double Braced Legs
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    LW, one question I have is whether you want something with a back to it, or just the seat (I'm assuming you want a tractor seat).

I have a Tama throne with a tractor seat that it is cloth top, and it has a screw adjustment, so no bolt through hole thing. It's a solid throne for around $70. I was surprised by the price when I saw it.

I think he needs a tractor seat with a body harness.....

LW , there are some things in life that you should not announce in public , and I believe this is one of those things.........Im ROFL , hope you didnt get hurt .

User Info Menu

Roc'n'soc. FTW
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    I think he needs a tractor seat with a body harness.....
    Outstanding observation!!!

At least LW said he fell off the throne, instead of being deposed!!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

LOL guys, nah I did not get hurt GF but lucky I did not hit my head on the bench behind me lol. Anyway, I ended buying a new stool. I posted it up in the hardware section

User Info Menu

Hey LW, I'm just glad you recovered from your illness enough to get back on the kit.

User Info Menu

I just got one thing to say ....Aaahahahahahahahahaha wish I coulda been there !

User Info Menu

Thanks PB, that is certainly looking at the positive side of things! I am really glad to be healthy enough to be back on there too.

Hey slow boy, how many stools have you broken and not told us about hmmmmmmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    I just got one thing to say ....Aaahahahahahahahahaha wish I coulda been there !

definately sounds like a Kodak moment to me......

User Info Menu

Man I'm still laughing about that !!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of that Chumbawumba tune:

"I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN--
    YOU'RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN!"

Glad to hear you're okay, mate (although I'd check for a possible concussion!). Too bad a tape wasn't rolling--you could have won some money on one of those "funny home videos" programs!

I don't know what make or model of throne you fell from, but I would look for the heaviest-duty throne you could find! I'm thinking you've just worn that one out, livewire!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Time to upgrade my throne to something heavier duty.
    hahaha first of all i know how you feel, except i wasnt lucky enough to fall back, and the pole in the seat cut open lower than my lower back

and i only quoted that one part because i love how whenever a drummer breaks something we dont go buy the same thing we upgrade, and i love how we do that

User Info Menu

this needs to stay at the top for awhile !!

User Info Menu

if price isn't an issue I would look at a roc-n-soc tractor seat

User Info Menu

Bro, it was a Dixon throne, low end so I should not be surprised according to the salesman when I bought the new Gibraltar. Hey Zeta, all I can say is OUCH! was time to upgrade your throne too

User Info Menu

Bro, it was a Dixon throne, low end so I should not be surprised according to the salesman when I bought the new Gibraltar. Hey Zeta, all I can say is OUCH! was time to upgrade your throne too
    haha i did and i went way up, never want that experience again, i bought the gibraltar tractor seet with the compressed air riser in it, i dont know the model, but i love it so much, and i must say gibraltar makes some of my favorite hardware