Thread: The Amazing Philly Jo Jones Artistry

User Info Menu

Thumbs up The Amazing Philly Jo Jones Artistry

Hola como estas To ALL CREATIVE OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST (CATS)*&*(CATRESS) AS this Great ARTIST of the PAST (OLD-SCHOOL) Performs VERY COMPLEX DISTINCT-HAND AND (STICKS TECHNIQUES)
    that Are Very Musical within the Complimenting of His fellow Creative artist
    *THIS TUNE**! AS Many of all the Greats of That time and of this Time still perform this very ROJO CALIENTE Composition(CARAVAN) this is A UP-TEMPO Piece* as this composition is Performed In Many TEMPOS *ENJOY your JOurney of THIS GREAT PERFORMER within his Own unique (STYLE)(ARTISTRY)**GRACIAS
    http://www.youtube.com/v/R5uROxVUkA4&hl=en&fs=1

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Amazing Philly Jo Jones Artistry

That was great, Sticks! When I was growing up and starting to play, Philly Jo, Papa Jo, Art Blakely, and Max were the idols of the day.

User Info Menu

That was amazing , he was way ahead of his times . Thanks for posting that STICKS .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    That was amazing , he was way ahead of his times . Thanks for posting that STICKS .
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo GONEFISHINCREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) LOVE it AND SO VERY TRUE EXCELLENT Mi amigo
    GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Another great post SWD. great tune , great all around playing, and that cat is in the zone, baby.

User Info Menu

Good stuff!!

Ha, his expressions remind me of Eddie Murphy and his playing reminds me of SWD.

You guys related at all?
    Last edited by Bish; 08-20-2008 at 01:38 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Good stuff!!

Ha, his expressions remind me of Eddie Murphy and his playing reminds me of SWD.

You guys related at all?
    I thought I saw a close resmblence!! in the playing that is,

User Info Menu

That was very mind expanding! Ginger Baker speaks of him on his DVD. He was quite a showman. Killer solo! Muchos Gracias SWD! La Puerto es abri(? don't know how to conjugate that word!) Truly amazing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Good stuff!!

You guys related at all?
    GOLA como estas Mi amigo BISH CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMME ARTIST (CAT) GRACIAS **

User Info Menu

a personality that definately comes out in his plaing.

User Info Menu

Outstanding video SWD!! Thanks for posting that! Your videos are always artful, and mind expanding. Good to have you here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The Amazing Philly Jo Jones Artistry

SWD ,My West Coast Brudder....You've Done It Again, A Video That Has So Much To It,learning It All Would Be A Lifetime Lesson!!! Ultimate Showmanship Entwined Deeply With Bucketloads Of Technique....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    SWD ,My West Coast Brudder....You've Done It Again, A Video That Has So Much To It,learning It All Would Be A Lifetime Lesson!!! Ultimate Showmanship Entwined Deeply With Bucketloads Of Technique....
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo PHROGGE CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) within great aware-ness wisdom knowledge
    AND forsure A LIFE TIME AND BEYOND to MASTER THIS VERY VERY ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART FORM**GRACIAS

User Info Menu

I'm so inspired right now....I'm gonna run out to my shed and flail on the dixies!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I'm so inspired right now....I'm gonna run out to my shed and flail on the dixies!

all the best...
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo Kay-Gee Creative artistic open minded drummer artist(CAT) within alot of aware-ness wisdom knowledge
    THAT amigo is GREAT *Gracias

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    Another great post SWD. great tune , great all around playing, and that cat is in the zone, baby.
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo RATMYCUE EL RATA SMOOTH CAT within GREAT AWRE-NESS WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AS your RIGHT this CAT IS BLOWING WITHIN THE ANCIENt SPIRITUAL ART of HIS OWN DISTINCT UNIQUE ARTISTRY THE COLORS & TEXTURES are A FANTASTIC JOURNEY
    GRACIAS amigo