Thread: snare line

User Info Menu

Default snare line

hey im trying to get on snare line next year. im not that bad but i need to get better than a junior from highschool who is that good either. what should i work on?

ps. i really need a new drum pad anysuggestions.

User Info Menu

Hey, well it depends where your skill level is, like can you do all the rudiments and paradildes?, can you do the ABC work outs? flams and WIPE OUT routine? well if you can then get,em as fast and clean as you can, if you can't then look'em up. try listening to drumlines and copying their licks. also learn to read sheet music and then buy some and work on it.this will take some time to acomplish but belive me you'll become the best snare or tenor your schools seen, oh yeah, look into the evans EQ reel feel cartrige pad
    Last edited by Metal forever; 03-17-2007 at 12:15 AM.
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

take up metal drumming or drumset of you haven't already
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

jarhead Guest

for the practice pad,i have a reelfeel pad and its awesome. for the snare line,just practice rudiments,music reading,stuff like that

User Info Menu

i use the vic firth slim pad w/ laminate...it has a good feel of a real drum. For the snare line, just take basic rudiments and put them into a simple excercise and slowy get faster and faster.

User Info Menu

I kinda suck at snare...but my director continues ot put me on snare. Maybe I'm not as bad as I think I am. I dont know. My specialty is bass. I rock the bass drum!
    "Playing drums is like making love. You can't be looking down seeing what's going on trying to get the flow right!" --Drumline

Drums are what keep the band together!

Hold up! Wait a minute! Let us put some drums in ti! Ya'll ain't ready for what we about to put down. The badest drumline in the land! What we are you can't smoke, you can't sniff it cuz we were born with it. Get ready to see how we put it down Dragons style! Drumline get your thing on! --Drumline (modified)

User Info Menu

i am very intrested in learning how to do the drum line stuff it adds so much

User Info Menu

I don't know if they have this pad anywhere else in the world. But look for the Billy Hyde Rubber Rebound Practice Pad. It's an Australian invention. It's a rubber practice pad that gives perfect rebound (IMO) and is very very quiet. Worth looking out for.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

For practice pads, well I believe the Sabian Quiet Tone is a good option, it might have a little more rebound than a Snare Drum but it is tune-able so, you can deaden the rebound, hope I could be of some assistance...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

HellsBells, i got one of them Billy Hyde things... black rubber pad that can screw onto a stand. amazing feal to the rebound... i agree wit Hells... look out for one of them =)

User Info Menu

yea... just work on like diddles and speed and accuracy... and CONTROL YOUR STICK HEIGHT!! thats one of the hardest things... dont sweat it... be confident that you will be better and you probably will be
    I've had it with your no talent, wannabe gangster ass! You wanna prove once and for all that I'm better than you? Strap up!--drumline

our drumline doesn't do skanks!!! so get out!! thanks... lol

you may try to look like me... but you ain't never gonna play like me-- drumline

User Info Menu

I don't know if any of you guys do this but this has happened to me before:
    Don't get scared of sheet music.

When I see sheet music for the first time I always get jittery. I can read music just fine, but it really helps when I hear the music while reading it.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.