Thread: Paiste RUDE cymbals...any feedback?

User Info Menu

Default Paiste RUDE cymbals...any feedback?

As I veer wildly between classic Turkish and ultra-modern in my search for a new set of cymbals, I've come across Paiste's RUDE line. I have some other Paistes that I love--Signature and New Signature. I'm a big fan of Stewart Copeland's sound and style and know he was an early advocate of RUDE. I generally play rock music--classic to modern--in small to medium-sized clubs without mikes. Sometimes outside, too.

Any feedback on the RUDE line? What would you recommend?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste RUDE cymbals...any feedback?

ugh
    Ok, I owned a 13" pair of Rude hihats... for a week, and returned them. There is no musical side to these cymbals. Dave Lombardo of Slayer uses them, so check out some of his stuff and see if it fancies you, but going from Sigs and New Sigs to Rude is gonna have a serious effect on your ears. The best thing they do is resonate, but other than that these cymbals will do no justice to anything except punk and metal.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i have a rude thin crash 19 inch, this crash is thicker than any other i have ever played, its also louder, and more pissed off, and vary trashy. but it works its but off.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I've tried out a 14'' rude hi-hat at GC last year. They sound better than Z custom hi-hats. LOUD but good.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    ugh
    Ok, I owned a 13" pair of Rude hihats... for a week, and returned them. There is no musical side to these cymbals. Dave Lombardo of Slayer uses them, so check out some of his stuff and see if it fancies you, but going from Sigs and New Sigs to Rude is gonna have a serious effect on your ears. The best thing they do is resonate, but other than that these cymbals will do no justice to anything except punk and metal.
    i might have to check those out!

but i heard on here before, that if you get rudes, your going to have to change your whole set to rudes, is that really the case? because i like paiste, right now i have the PST3 line

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Paiste RUDE cymbals...any feedback?

Rudes Are Exactly That.....Rude.....I Suggest Them To All These "Metalheads" Who Keep Sayin They're Breakin Cymbals....I See That As Their Purpose....(Alex Van Halen And Da Like)Maybe The Exception To Da Rule Was Stewart Copeland....But I Stand By My Opinion In General Ya Wanna Rock Hard And Loud .....Get Rude!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Have you lookd at the Paiste Twenty Series cymbals? I heard the "20" ride at a club a couple of months ago and thought it was amazing. Just can't take a second mortgage on the house to get one....... yet.

The servant of the song is the master.

User Info Menu

First of all, I should clarify that I'm keeping the Paistes I have--the Sigs and New Sigs. I'm looking for a different set-up to play with certain rock gigs. I've tried the Twenty's--even had a ride for a short time. They were okay, but maybe a bit too traditional for my taste. Any more info on the RUDES is a big help to me...
    Sonor S-Classix

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by begtimm561 View Post
    i might have to check those out!

but i heard on here before, that if you get rudes, your going to have to change your whole set to rudes, is that really the case? because i like paiste, right now i have the PST3 line
    Not necessarily, John Dolmayan of SOAD collaborated with Paiste to make the Rude 26" Mega Power Ride and his kit is made up exclusively of Signatures. Your ear just has to be tuned to a different frequency to appreciate them I think... I enjoy the lightness and shimmer behind Sigs, New Sigs, and Traditionals, so the extatic nature of the Rude line is a bit much for me.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
    First of all, I should clarify that I'm keeping the Paistes I have--the Sigs and New Sigs. I'm looking for a different set-up to play with certain rock gigs. I've tried the Twenty's--even had a ride for a short time. They were okay, but maybe a bit too traditional for my taste. Any more info on the RUDES is a big help to me...
    I'm not sure what other information you're looking for? They are LOUD, they have a long sustain, and they sound trashier than your Sigs. Did I mention that they're LOUD?? LOL.

As stated by others, these cymbals are well suited to metal, punk, thrash.....not really what most people use for rock, but some do. But I'm betting nobody in the band will want to stand anywhere near you when you start playing them!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    But I'm betting nobody in the band will want to stand anywhere near you when you start playing them!
    Good! Maybe a little payback for getting blasted by their amps all those times...
    Sonor S-Classix

User Info Menu

I prefer Z custom......
    They have more power sounds....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
    Good! Maybe a little payback for getting blasted by their amps all those times...
    i know what you mean, doesnt it suck to be the only one that cant get out of the room because its to as a guitarist would call it "loud?"

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.