Thread: snare line ?

User Info Menu

Default snare line ?

hey im trying to get on snare line next year. im not that bad but i need to get better than a junior from highschool who is that good either. what should i work on?

ps. i really need a new drum pad anysuggestions.

User Info Menu

For good basic pads, you can go with reel feel or xymox. Both have really good pads. I would suggest getting a two sided pad with one side being the soft, gummy substance, and the other side being the harder substance. As far as getting better, here's what I would suggest. If at all possible, go to a couple drum corps audition camps. Even if you don't march, or don't make it, you will gain great advice and experience. Learn from the educators there, and the other people trying out. The really good drummers will have no problems with giving you advice and showing you ways to get better. Another thing you can do is get lessons. If you live near a University, find out how to get ahold of members in the drumline and get some lessons from them, or if you can get lessons from a professor that would be great too. If there's anything else I can help with, just let me know! Good luck!

User Info Menu

it takes a lot more skill playin in a marchin band dan it does to play on a kit .. the music 4 snares is a lot harder dan a kit .. most kit music is cymbl cymbl snare cymbl repeated ... snare music is complicated wit backstickin nd stick flicks nd **** like dat ..