Thread: Ludwig Accent CS LC225 (5pc) - Drum Review

User Info Menu

Cool Ludwig Accent CS LC225 (5pc) - Drum Review

I'm 37 & just started taking lessons (i guess its never too late). I'm looking to buy a Ludwig Accent CS LC225 set. The place i take lessons will sell me the entire set w/throne but w/o cymbals for $425 put together. Is this a good starter set & is this a good price? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

The Ludwig Accent drumset has proven to be a good starter set for the money. It has been a popular seller for years in a row. That said, ... you know it's coming don't you... (lol)... you get what you pay for.

For $425 you're not getting that much. It is bottom of the barrel in a drumset. The only lasting value its resale value. The name brand will help sell it when you get ready to, assuming the lugs are not stripped out by then or other parts broken or stripped.

I always advise trying to spending a bit more money and finding a quality used drumset in the trading post or on E-bay. You can usually get a lot more in hardware and accessories and you might even walk away with quality maple shell construction and Zildjian cymbals if you're lucky. Of course it takes some shopping around.

If you simply don't want to put more money into it, the Ludwig Accent kit will be ok for you. THe main thing is to get in there and get banged up (no pun intended).

I hope this helps a little.

User Info Menu

Thanks 4 the info. It was helpful.

User Info Menu

I have a Ludwig Accent Custom and it's a Nice Set.I bought it as a Shell Pack.As for the Ludwig Accent CS...I have heard that they are good drumsets for begginers,And are an all around good Set.I have personally never played one,But for $425 I think You could do better.More than likely You could get sompthing that will last longer...Well I hope this info was helpful...

More Info on the Ludwig Accent CS:
    The Ludwig Accent CS Series has many of the same features as the Custom and the Custom Elite Series, including double tom holder system, lugs, Vibra-Bands and 300 series Ludwig Custom hardware (one cymbal stand is included).

Shells are 9-ply, 8mm and made from selected veneers and wrapped in attractive PVC finishes. This series is more affordable, but still offers a great sound in a variety of configurations for Power, Fusion, and Jazz.

User Info Menu

drummer is right....i got an old school Ludwig from back when they kiked major ars and i bought it for only 30 bucks....

User Info Menu

I wish Drumsets were only $30.00 now,But still the same Quality as a Modern Drumset....

User Info Menu

i just got a new gretsch maple shell pack for only $700!!!!!!!!!
    But my moms said i couldnt play them until christmas cause it's a Christmas present present, i had to pay for some though. lol

But i cant wait to use these puppies on stage somewhere. It's gonna be saweeeeeeeeeeet. I just need some better cymbals, but the ones i have no r ok.

User Info Menu

Gretsch Drumsets I have heard are really nice,For a great Price.My Ludwig Accent Custom sounds Nice on stage.I bought it as a Shell Pack for around $895.00....

User Info Menu

I know this is off the subject but what about Pacific Drums?

User Info Menu

I just Replied to You're Post about Pacific Drums (PDP)...Like I said in the other post in my Opinion I think there good Drums,If You get the right Models....

User Info Menu

PDP is DW's intermediate level hardware and drum supplier. Dont get me wrong, their are plenty of professional drummers that use PDP. Great drums for good prices.

Personally, I say Tama is the way to go for price and quality. Thats goes for hardware and shells.
    ~John K.~

User Info Menu

I vote pearl since noone else has said it.

User Info Menu

Hmm is this Canadian or American Currency? I suggest pearl targets, they are hands down the BEST BEGGINERS SET you could buy. Im actoually selling mine right now for 450 Canadian to someone, its served me well but im ready for my pro m's!

User Info Menu

Default 2 Votes For Pearl!

Quote Originally Posted by stickytape706
    I vote pearl since noone else has said it.
    Pearl all the way!
    DancehallDoctor -Pearl drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Accent CS LC225 (5pc) - Drum Review

If you plan on sticking with the drums I'd recommend a more intermediate or used pro-level kit. Why? Resale. Those upper end kits are gonna hold their value better than a low end kit.

Try to sell this Accent kit a year from now and see what you'll get. Better yet...look for a used Accent right now and see what they are going for. I'm seeing them for about 300 bucks on ebay.

If you can afford it I would spend another few hundred dollars and get something a little nicer.

User Info Menu

Marko, I guess you didn't look at the thread date LOL. This is a 4or 5 year old thread.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Marko, I guess you didn't look at the thread date LOL. This is a 4or 5 year old thread.
    Nope, but how weird it came up in "new posts". Strange.

User Info Menu

Sometimes if I log out and then back in, I get weird "new" posts too. Very strange, but funny.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

$ years ago the Ludwig accent cs elites were 100% birch and made very well. and not a starter kit but intermiadiate. Sorry Guys but these are right there with all the other manufacters. But the Accents today are beginner set