Thread: Groove Juice!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Groove Juice!!!!!!

Where can i buy this stuff at???

My Zildjian polish does an amazing job
    but its a hell of a work out with it lol

So i woulds like to try this stuff...but i cant find it anywhere

do you guys know where i can buy this???
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Default Re: Groove Juice!!!!!!

PD, just about any online retailer would probably have it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

My semi local Guitar Center had a lot of Groove Juice! Call your local GC and see if they have it. Also as PB said, you can always get them online.

User Info Menu

Just be careful with it!

It ate the glaze off of my kitchen tile. Very potent stuff
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

haha lol ok
    I'll make sure not to drop any on the floor :D
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

very good choice with the groove juice....just make sure your cymbal is coated with water before you spray it on... this stuff is the best....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I have heard some great things about this stuff
    I really hate trying to polish with my standard zildjian stuff

its a pain

the only reason i couldn't find it was because
    i usually shop on musicians friend.... not guitar center lol
    Last edited by Pearldrummer13; 08-26-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: i forgot something
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Sorry to be a pain about this lol
    but i finally got some Groove juice

I know that I am supposed to get the cymbal completely wet
    (only doing one side at a time)
    And then spray the stuff on... but how long should I leave it on for?
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Don't leave it on, spray an even coat over the cymbal and wipe off immediately with a soft cotton towel. Do not ever let it dry on the cymbal, it will etch it and discolor it.

User Info Menu

I don't mean to be funny but reading these posts about Groove Juice and cleaning cymbals makes me think of all those asinine TV commercials promoting all the"Wonder" medications for what ails you all the while telling you to beware of the potential side effects. Sonds more like the cure will kill you first. Just be sure you don't splash any on the floor, eat will eat right through it.

User Info Menu

It does sound a bit like that Frank, the problem is with that stuff is it is acidic, and caustic. Groove Juice is the strongest of all those type products anyhow and if not handled with care it can mess allot of stuff up particularly expensive cymbals.

User Info Menu

BTD...I can appreciate the concern. I'm curious though, I have Zildjian and Istanbul cymbals and clean then with Paiste cymbal polish. As far as I can tell, it seems to be a pretty good product and safe enough to use. Where my curiosity lies is why would anyone use something as strong as the Groove Juice if there is some risk involved due to improper handling? It's interesting, as I think about it, I was steered towards the Paiste by local drum pro at music store. I remember him telling me that, even though the store stocked Zildjian cymbal cleaner and Groove Juice, he personally recommended the Paiste as being the better. He's the one who also guided me to using Dunlap drum shell polish...excellent product and makes my kit shine without harming the finish.

User Info Menu

The only advantage to using the Groove juice is time. It saves spending the time to use the polish and all of the black rags and hands that you get from the polish. I use the Sabian brand which is similar but not as caustic as the Groove juice and I like it. It works well on my A customs for getting rid of finger prints. I am cautious with its use however and never let it sit in my cymbals for long. I would also say that I think that the above mentioned cleaners work the best on my highly polished cymbals as opposed to the past type polishes. For natural finished cymbals like my old A ride, I would say the paste works better if that makes any since.

User Info Menu

Groove Juice is the exact same thing as the blood from the creature in the movie "Alien"

;-)
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

My experience with this stuff has been great!!!
    It has restored my cymbals almost to the way when they looked brand new :]

I used a toothbrush to really make sure it got alot of the dirt and grime out
    And now it has my Z crashes and A hats looking nice and shiney
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    Groove Juice is the exact same thing as the blood from the creature in the movie "Alien"

;-)
    Yes i use it instead of a drill when running cable in my house!!!
    Don't use that juice on a cymbal that has any type of coating on it unless ya want to remove it! I have old Zildjians and the stuff works great on them- it is a great labour saving product!

User Info Menu

I have been using Groove Juice for many years. Spray on dry, let sit for 60 sec, srub with soft nylon brush, then rinse with water. Do one side at a time. I usually do all of this in the bathtub and wear rubber gloves. There is citric acid in the product and you can dilute it with water if you are worried. Don't expect to keep your labels, though. I have a 6 year old A Custom that kept it's label through 7 or 8 cleanings and a new A Custom that lost it the first time. It's a huge time saver, but be a bit careful.

User Info Menu

I use Paiste and quite satisfied with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    I have been using Groove Juice for many years. Spray on dry, let sit for 60 sec, srub with soft nylon brush, then rinse with water. Do one side at a time. I usually do all of this in the bathtub and wear rubber gloves. There is citric acid in the product and you can dilute it with water if you are worried. Don't expect to keep your labels, though. I have a 6 year old A Custom that kept it's label through 7 or 8 cleanings and a new A Custom that lost it the first time. It's a huge time saver, but be a bit careful.
    If citric acid is the active ingredient, one can use lemon or lime. In fact, I've used citrus to polish my sink and shower fixtures before, and it works.