Thread: experienced ebay buyers??

User Info Menu

Default experienced ebay buyers??

I'm attempting to purchase an item on ebay, (yes, it is drum related)
    but im a little bit confused and i hope someone here can help..

The seller gives me a choice to "buy it now" or "Make an offer" there is no bidding.
    so, if i make a random offer lower than the "buy it now price" and my offer happens to be the highest, is the seller forced to accept my offer??
    and is there any way to view the current offers on the item?

if you are confused, please tell and will try to explain better.

any help is greatly appreciated as always. thanks ahead of time.

User Info Menu

Default Re: experienced ebay buyers??

Hey J-hawk! Welcome to the greatest drum forum on the web!!

Great ebay questions. First, just because you make a random offer on the item, if its not above the reserve(the minimum selling price set by the seller), the seller dont have to sell it to you. Be careful making offers. Make sure you know what the reserve is.

Example: If the reserve is set at 30, Make him an offer of 25. Then its up to him to decide to sell it to you if no one bids above the reserve. He`s not forced to sell it to you if you arent above his reserve.

If you look beside the item, it should tell you what the current bid is. Sometimes in an auction, you can also click on bid history. This will give you more info on who bidded.

Clear as mud eh...
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

well heres the problem: there is no reserve or minimum bid, at least that i can find anywhere on the page. and yet i can make an offer.

or does it only show you the minimum bid after clicking the "make an offer" button

keep in mind there is no bidding on this item only "Buy now" and "Make an offer".

User Info Menu

well here's the problem: There is no reserve or minimum bid anywhere on the page that i can see..

There is no bidding on this item. only "Make an offer" and "Buy now"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J_Hawk View Post
    well here's the problem: There is no reserve or minimum bid anywhere on the page that i can see..

There is no bidding on this item. only "Make an offer" and "Buy now"
    what`s the price beside the buy it now...thats what he wants for it....dont offer anything more than that, probably 20 percent less than that....
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I know not to ask to buy for a higher price than offered haha. but what im wondering is- if I make an offer, and my offer is the highest, but lower than the buy it now price, does the seller have to give me the item for my offer? or can he retract the item? assuming no one decides to buy it now..

(the price is close to 200 U.S$ for buy it now)

User Info Menu

OKay i think i've figured it out.

basically at the end of the auction, if no one has bought it for the Buy It Now price, the seller has a choice to accept whatever price has been offered. or try again.
    The seller is not forced to accept any offers.

Thank you very much for your time and help crazydrummer and i apologize for any confusion i may have caused.

User Info Menu

The seller can remove his item from auction at any time as well. I've seen this happen several times when a valuable item is up on the "Block" and the current bids are low. Each time, the seller removed the item just prior to the auction ending...probably realized he was selling for far below its value. Buy it Now is for a quick sale whereas the Make an Offer is just that and may or may not be accepted.

ThePloughman Guest

On a BIN or BEST OFFER auction format, You as the bidder can offer him any amount under the BIN price. The seller than has 48 hours to respond to your offer, or it is rejected by default. The seller has the option of rejecting your offer, countering your offer, or accepting your offer. You are free to make multiple offers during the course of the auction. The seller is not bound to accept any amount less than the BIN price.

User Info Menu

thanks much for the help.

my brand new 20" Paiste 2002 crash should be here in 3 days!

User Info Menu

Congrats on winning the auction J Hawk!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

ThePloughman Guest

I am a Paiste guy myself. I played 2002s for over 25 years, and am again using Paiste 2002 cymbals. I used my original set up all those years.