Thread: lost thought, little band swing.

User Info Menu

Default lost thought, little band swing.

who would have guessed, that a jazz piano player, a jazz bassist, a jazz drummer, a jazz guitarist's, and a rock vocalist would have evolved into a swing band? no seriously raise your hands if you didn't see that coming, no hands well darn i guess were the only ones who didn't. this band started with a slight bit more balance, but the line up has changed so many times that it should have a new name but it doesn't, not a single person in that band is an original member of lost thought, well the bassist used to be the violinist, and the guitarist used to be the trumpet player, but we don't count those days. anyway after over coming issues like a drummer who tries to fill in empty space to, to a band that cant follow those crazy accents, to us trying to play every genera ever invented, we've come into our own as a band and have become a swing band a little band swing band, ill have some recordings up soon, as well as some videos. and its vary strange to be leading a band from the back of the stage behind my drum kit. i don't know how you do it frank.

and on another note, it seems that when things are moving to fast and everyone takes a step back for a min and looks at everything thats going on before continuing forward, then everything falls into place much more rapidly.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Default Re: lost thought, little band swing.

looking forward to hearing some stuff, cool.

User Info Menu

DD, that's exciting news! Congrats on bringing it together!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

You'll get the hang of it DD...pretty cool to be the one who commands the attention of the group. With me, I have the band get 3 charts ready in sequence and go from one to the other with just a moment or two in between. As the program is already printed, they get the next 3 up while I say a word or two about what we just played, featured solist and what's coming up next. It all goes like clockwork. As for my set - up, I sit off to the right side of the band. The trumpets in back can hear and see my hi-hat and the rest are close enough that they have to pay attention and listen to my count - off. It might take a few rehearsals to work out the scheme of things but all will be all right when you do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    You'll get the hang of it DD...pretty cool to be the one who commands the attention of the group. With me, I have the band get 3 charts ready in sequence and go from one to the other with just a moment or two in between. As the program is already printed, they get the next 3 up while I say a word or two about what we just played, featured solist and what's coming up next. It all goes like clockwork. As for my set - up, I sit off to the right side of the band. The trumpets in back can hear and see my hi-hat and the rest are close enough that they have to pay attention and listen to my count - off. It might take a few rehearsals to work out the scheme of things but all will be all right when you do.
    that repositioing could be just the thing to work out most of the kinks. thanks frank.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

davie , good luck to you guys

User Info Menu

Cool Re: lost thought, little band swing.

Cant Wait To Hear It
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!