Thread: My X7 Sound...

User Info Menu

Default My X7 Sound...

Here is a short Video of how I have my Pacifix X7 Kit tuned with EC2 heads and an Emad on the bass drum. This is nothing fancy or good but just sme chops to give everyone an idea of the sound I have acheived through good heads and tuning. This is recorded with one Audio Technica instrument mic sitting just in front of the drums in my living room. The recording is completely dry with no effects.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a299Q9U3cEY

User Info Menu

Default Re: My X7 Sound...

Its a ghost drummer!!!! Nah in all honesty it sounds awesome and a very nice kit if i may say so

User Info Menu

It is a nice kit...and takes a tuning throughout its range.

User Info Menu

Great sounding kit TK!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timmkatt View Post
    Here is a short Video of how I have my Pacifix X7 Kit tuned with EC2 heads and an Emad on the bass drum. This is nothing fancy or good but just sme chops to give everyone an idea of the sound I have acheived through good heads and tuning. This is recorded with one Audio Technica instrument mic sitting just in front of the drums in my living room. The recording is completely dry with no effects.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a299Q9U3cEY
    Hi TK, I'd like to know what's your opinion of the quality of the X7? I only ask because I was in a drum shop the other day inquiring about them and the owner said he had some problems with the PDP line and quit carrying them. I think that silver/black fade finish is the best looking finish I've seen on any set.

User Info Menu

I have had absolutely no problems with them. I changed the batters to Evans ec2's and resos to G1's and in the process checked out the bearing edges and interiors and found no divets or checks of any kind. The hardware and finish are High quality and well done. They look awsome! The x7's are poplar but I have never really bought into the whole birch is this sound, maple is that, because it is all about the heads and tuning. They have a nice pitch and hold a tune! Mine sound awsome raw and sound killer when I record em through my 8 channel board with Mixcraft three in the computer. Go with your gut! If they feel right for you buy em.

User Info Menu

Very nice sounding and looking kit you have there. I play and LX kit that sound really good as well.

User Info Menu

Sounds good to me!! Great sticking!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 05WideGuy View Post
    Hi TK, I'd like to know what's your opinion of the quality of the X7? I only ask because I was in a drum shop the other day inquiring about them and the owner said he had some problems with the PDP line and quit carrying them. I think that silver/black fade finish is the best looking finish I've seen on any set.
    What a mistake on his part. The only problems PDP's seem to have are their tension rods are rather thin so, they tend to snap when you get them up to high tension. Other than that, they seem to be top notch. Poplar seems to be proving its worth for giving a good sound while staying rather inexspensive to manufature.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timmkatt View Post
    I have had absolutely no problems with them. I changed the batters to Evans ec2's and resos to G1's and in the process checked out the bearing edges and interiors and found no divets or checks of any kind. The hardware and finish are High quality and well done. They look awsome! The x7's are poplar but I have never really bought into the whole birch is this sound, maple is that, because it is all about the heads and tuning. They have a nice pitch and hold a tune! Mine sound awsome raw and sound killer when I record em through my 8 channel board with Mixcraft three in the computer. Go with your gut! If they feel right for you buy em.
    Good choice there Timmkatt! You are wise to inspect the kit at the shop b4 you take em home! The poplar shelled X7 has a sound reminiscent of birch in it's timbre. I have recorded with one of these kits, clic on my sig (myspace) to hear how great these kits can sound! Im with ya here.. X7s are great kits!!

User Info Menu

I've played several X7 kits. They usually have one set up at the Guitar Centers I visit. The last one I played had three rack toms, two floor toms, the snare and base. I really could not fault them at all.

Dennis