Thread: Oh where oh where....

User Info Menu

Default Oh where oh where....

...have my threads gone? Should'nt i get a message or warning or something before my threads are deleted. I don't think there was anything wrong with them and to be honest don't really mind that they are gone but would of liked to have been warned or notified. If someone could offer me an explanation it would be appreciated as i am very confused.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Oh where oh where....

What's missing MS?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I posted a thread in the band section as weve just recorded a song and a thread about cool websites in the offtopic. Maybe i didnt put them on properly

User Info Menu

I believe we are not supposed to put up certain web-sites , because Drum Chat is backed by Drum Bum. Just thought I would toss in my 2 cents worth.

User Info Menu

MS, I'm sorry that it happened to you. Usually a PM is generated to explain the problem if something is deleted for some cause. You might want to PM Drummer or su_admin to see if there was a problem that created a deletion.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I can see about the websites thread as i didnt know the thing about drumbum but i have no idea about the band thread. Although there is 1 swear word in the song, its right near the beginning and could be skipped. I also did give a huge heads up about it, even putting it in bold font. Still i dont mind they were taken off but would of appreciated a PM or warning about it. Cheers

User Info Menu

I am not sure about your thread habits but I have found that sometimes I have made a post...or so I thought. I try to proof most of my posts that are more than a few sentences and have found that after I read the proof I forget to actually post the thread and move on to other things only to go back later and realize it wasn't there cuz I skipped the most important step. Actually posting it.

Just my experience and it took me a few times before I realized that was what I was doing.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I am not sure about your thread habits but I have found that sometimes I have made a post...or so I thought. I try to proof most of my posts that are more than a few sentences and have found that after I read the proof I forget to actually post the thread and move on to other things only to go back later and realize it wasn't there cuz I skipped the most important step. Actually posting it.

Just my experience and it took me a few times before I realized that was what I was doing.
    Oh man , my spidey senses were starting tpo tingle on this one .

I aint sayin a word.........

User Info Menu

I caught myself doing the same thing as Bish described...still do it... otherwise, I'd have 25,000 posts by now. all kidding aside, he's right. I saw that I was logging out after I would type a post instead of posting it.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Oh where oh where....

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

I thought that was what happened when someone posted a question about hand drums and somebody says "bongobro's spidey senses are tingling. You'll hear from him shortly!"
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

I'm not getting it, apparently.
    Signature here