Thread: New Kit, New Video, check it out.

User Info Menu

Default New Kit, New Video, check it out.

Well I have had a bit of trouble getting these to sound the way I wanted, but have gotten them fairly close, I am pretty happy with them, I do however miss my old kit, I still think they sound better, but what do ya do.

I still have some tweaking to do on the mixer, the bass is almost off on the floor tom and it still rumbles, and I need to set some levels and work on the kick drum eq, but not to shabby, hope you like, feedback is welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ2T2Pizt-U
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Kit, New Video, check it out.

Kevin...I can appreciate what you had to say about your old kit. I remember telling you how impressed I was with the way you had it sounding. However, let me add that once you get to working even more closely with your new Pearls, I believe that you are going to fall in love with drumming all over again. The snare drum is AWESOME and the bass drum has a lower growl to it that is begging to be tamed. The toms aren't set apart in sound as the PDP's were but that's something that you will work out. What I heard on this demo VID was a lot of AUTHORITY from your kit...and you're just the Man to bring it all together.

User Info Menu

yea that snare is killer
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

I love the way you play that song!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Kevin...I can appreciate what you had to say about your old kit. I remember telling you how impressed I was with the way you had it sounding. However, let me add that once you get to working even more closely with your new Pearls, I believe that you are going to fall in love with drumming all over again. The snare drum is AWESOME and the bass drum has a lower growl to it that is begging to be tamed. The toms aren't set apart in sound as the PDP's were but that's something that you will work out. What I heard on this demo VID was a lot of AUTHORITY from your kit...and you're just the Man to bring it all together.
    Thanks man, yea I still need to work on the toms, but I am really getting frustrated, I just can't get these totally dialed in, my pdp's were so easy to tune, and they sounded amazing, and everyone I have talked said I will feel the same about these, but man I am just not feeling it yet, but i will be patient and see what I can make of them, but yea that pearl steel piccolo and kick drum absolutely RULE.

I truly appreciate your comments man, that was a very nice thing to say.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jguzman361 View Post
    yea that snare is killer
    Thanks man, Pearl piccolo steel snare drum, love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    I love the way you play that song!
    Thanks man, glad you dug it, i love this song, and the groove is just heavy and rockin.

User Info Menu

kev, i loved how you played the song, but i noticed on old videos you had the mix so that the drums were clear but not over powering, in this one they were a lot more muddeled into the song, the recording just needs a little work maybe a little more high end or a bit more compresion to make it more agressive in how it sits, but i know youll get it allworked out and your next vid will leave us dead with amazement
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound