Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ddrum Diablo Death Punx 7-Piece Drum Set

User Info Menu

Question ddrum Diablo Death Punx 7-Piece Drum Set

so i think i found a drum set that suits me. im so surprised by the looks of it and everything, its like it was made for me. i just dont know what the basswood is like. but some feedback would be nice, thanks guys, do me proud!

Diablo Death Punx 7-Piece Shell Pack:
    Basswood Shells
    Upgraded Wood Bass Drum Hoops and Hardware
    Powder-Coated Hoops and Fittings
    Complete 200 Series Hardware Pack Included
    Remo Heads

Sizes:
    22" x 20" bass drum (x2)
    10" x 8" rack tom
    12" x 8" rack tom
    14" x 14" floor tom
    16" x 14" floor tom
    7" x 14" snare drum

200 Series Hardware:
    BDP200 kick pedal (x2)
    SDS200 snare drum stand
    CSB200 boom stand
    CSS200 straight stand
    HH200 hi-hat stand

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Default Re: ddrum Diablo Death Punx 7-Piece Drum Set

Basswood is poor man's birch. Ive heard good reviews about these kits. The are on the same level as an Export.

User Info Menu

thanks redneck! so its like birch? cool i like the set, its definetly a step up from what i have, im not worried about the stands, but the hihat stand might be good? but really im wondering about hardware, like the bass pedals, the tom mounts, and the hoops. on the musicians friend, they said its got a 15 ply snare, and the hihat and bass pedals are double-chained, so anybody know about the hardware and stuff?

User Info Menu

no offense, but buyer beware on this one. these drums have a pretty bad rep. IMO, the export may be poplar wood, but the build quality was better than the ddrum dominion drums ive played a few times now.

User Info Menu

What kind of drum kit are you sitting at right now?
    -Steven

User Info Menu

if you're going to take a step up. take a big step, not a baby step. you will save more money in the long run. go for a pro level used

User Info Menu

Well said CC. I totally agree.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i want it cause i like the sizes of the drums, but i wanted to hear some feedback, cause i dont think there was a review on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    What kind of drum kit are you sitting at right now?
    ion, the brand that does the electronic sets, i guess they made an acoustic set

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    if you're going to take a step up. take a big step, not a baby step. you will save more money in the long run. go for a pro level used
    things like that are what i wanted to know, but whats bad about it? it $800. there is a tama rockstar 8 peice that is$900

User Info Menu

i wouldnt buy it. it doesnt seem to have a good reputation, you should look into a nice used kit, then buy an add on pack for the second bass drum.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

first of all its low level ddrum, notorious for poor craftsmanship. second, its not a preferable wood. im guessing its a poplar/basswood mixture, which doesnt produce the best sound. and third, its 800 dollars. for 800 dollars you could get a mapex pro m or m birch, much higher quality for the same price

User Info Menu

If you really want a double bass drum i would look into a taye one. all levels of taye are birch-basswood, except the customs, and sugar maple. I wouldnt recommend a double bass unless you have the money to buy a good one.

Taye is newer so the price will generally be lower, and they make excellent kits, i loved my instructors kit, and he was sponsored by them.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

the 900 dollar rockstar will be a much better built kit. i'm pretty sure you could get it down to 800 at gc if you bargain.

User Info Menu

*Sorry Zeta, but I have to delete the commercial link, I'll post the image for you though - PB*

[IMG][/IMG]

this is a beautiful kit, and its not very expensive (but very very nice)

User Info Menu

i want it zeta! thanks guys, i think im good now, and i wont go for that, but i want that taye, its so nice

User Info Menu

i just dont know much about taye. i have only played one (very nice) snare. it was a quite expensive snare from what i was told.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i just dont know much about taye. i have only played one (very nice) snare. it was a quite expensive snare from what i was told.
    yes taye makes some of the best snares IMO and end up ranging up to 800 bucks.

For those of you who don't know much about taye, they a fairly new name brand, but have been making supplies for other major companies since the 70's.

Yes begtimm, that is one of the kits that i wish to own someday too.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Yes begtimm, that is one of the kits that i wish to own someday too.
    i hope i beat you to it!

User Info Menu

I've played on a couple Taye kits and IMO they are a very good value. You get a lot of pro level features at intermediate prices. I'm working on restoring a different kit right now, but when I'm done, I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a Taye kit.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by begtimm561 View Post
    i hope i beat you to it!
    hhaa probably will, i just bought a new kit a few months ago
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    first of all its low level ddrum, notorious for poor craftsmanship. second, its not a preferable wood. im guessing its a poplar/basswood mixture, which doesnt produce the best sound. and third, its 800 dollars. for 800 dollars you could get a mapex pro m or m birch, much higher quality for the same price
    HOLA COMO ESTAS MI AMIGO COKE_CAN Creative artistic DRUMMER ARTIST CAT **THATS A FACT EXCELLENT * Gracias

User Info Menu

I like the looks of the diablo kit and it comes with alot for the price. but if its not built well you might regret it. have you seen the kit in person and inspected the craftmanship put into it?

User Info Menu

My local music store is selling a Mapex 7 piece M-Birch Studio set-up for $780, and the quality control on the Mapex kits are far superior to the Ddrum kits. That's not to say that all Ddrum kits are inferior, but you had better know what you're looking for when you evaluate a Ddrum kit. Don't get caught looking at the finish, and the number of pieces. BTW, I agree with CC that the Mapex M-Birch is far superior to the Ddrum basswood shells, so you'd be spending a similar amount, and getting less if you went with the Ddrum kit.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    My local music store is selling a Mapex 7 piece M-Birch Studio set-up for $780, and the quality control on the Mapex kits are far superior to the Ddrum kits. That's not to say that all Ddrum kits are inferior, but you had better know what you're looking for when you evaluate a Ddrum kit. Don't get caught looking at the finish, and the number of pieces. BTW, I agree with CC that the Mapex M-Birch is far superior to the Ddrum basswood shells, so you'd be spending a similar amount, and getting less if you went with the Ddrum kit.
    Good point PB, you can get caught up in the colors, and number of peices. for example you could go buy an 8 peice Pulse drumset and they are a bottom of the bottom line kit, or you could go buy a 4 peice used mapex saturn and a double pedal for around the same, but the quality is 1000000000 times better

EDIT- Thanks PB for the edit, i am still trying to get the rules memorized., and i have a question can i post links to websites like craigslist or ebay becuase they are individual people selling?
    Last edited by Zeta; 09-13-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Zeta, the clarification that I got recently is that we can post pictures, but we shouldn't post links to other sites that sell things. This is to discourage spammers from trying to get in here. If they can't post commercial links, it doesn't benefit them to be here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Zeta, the clarification that I got recently is that we can post pictures, but we shouldn't post links to other sites that sell things. This is to discourage spammers from trying to get in here. If they can't post commercial links, it doesn't benefit them to be here.
    ok, so no advertising. got it thank you
    -Steven