Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

User Info Menu

Question what do u think of GIRL drummers?

User Info Menu

Default Re: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

Very mischievous....

You, not the fairer sex.

User Info Menu

Depends on the girl!!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Dayydrum!

I think we have all realized that girls can achieve whatever boys can achieve. It's all about the desire to be something. I think "girl" drummers are great! Around here, we all have great respect for our female compatriot drummers.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of several female drummers, Sherrie Maricle (Drummer and Leader of Diva), Shiela E. , Cindy Blackman. Women can play just as well as men in my oppinion.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

Hi, dayydrum! Welcome aboard!

I've seen a few female drummers who kick drums as hard as any dudes I've seen...and if you've ever seen the percussionist on Jay Leno's program (I believe her name is Karen), she plays congas every bit as well as a guy ... and she's a singer to boot!

We have a lot of awesome drummin' brothers and drummin' sisters around here!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Alot better looking than guy drummers. In my opinion anyway.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

There is a girl drummer in a band called "Go Betty Go". Her name is Aixa. She is amazing.

User Info Menu

Nothing is hotter than a chick ripping it up on a drumkit. Oh yeah!
    Last edited by Greenmonster206; 09-07-2008 at 10:43 PM.

User Info Menu

They have the same potential as a male drummer, but girl drummers are more attractive! lol
    -Steven

User Info Menu

eww girl drummers!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I think we have all realized that girls can achieve whatever boys can achieve.

Yeah, I was just watching a girl play professional football, middle linebacker.

User Info Menu

Can you imagine going back to the huddle after being tackled by her? Talk about embarrassing.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

ooh dangerous ground this one. Remember there are two female mods on here!!!
    IMO it does not matter what your sex - if you wanna play drums, then play those bad boys (or girls! )
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

I agree with these guys...

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    Alot better looking than guy drummers. In my opinion anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmonster206 View Post
    Noting is hotter than a chick ripping it up on a drumkit. Oh yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    They have the same potential as a male drummer, but girl drummers are more attractive! lol
    I girl drummers.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Church Drummer View Post
    I'm a big fan of several female drummers...
    I'm a big fan of girls. If they're drummers, that's even better!

User Info Menu

Girl drummers are cool. Im slowly getting my 5 year old daughter going on them. The teenager has no interest. For her it's all about soccer.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Girl drummers are cool. Im slowly getting my 5 year old daughter going on them. The teenager has no interest. For her it's all about soccer.
    Did you have to say soccer and girl drummers in the same sentence?

User Info Menu

Cool Re: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Nothin' like startin' them out early! (wasn't she the one who expressed an early interest in the congas?)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

Shazane Guest

Meg White gives them a bad name. But there are good ones; http://www.myspace.com/insignifi****band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    Yeah, I was just watching a girl play professional football, middle linebacker.
    RD, I recently spent time on a Marine Corp base. Believe me when I tell you the women that could play middle linebacker are out there! I saw quite a few big, and tough women. My hats off to them.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

One of my friends played Varsity in High School. She was one of the best on the team.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dayydrum View Post
    HOLA COMO ESTAS DAYYDRUM *Mi amigo CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) I feel and KNOW THAT HAVEING WOMEN (CATRESS)
    CREATIVE OPEN MINDED ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST IS FANTASTIC **AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL *SMOOTH with ALOT OF GRACE & FINESSE** GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Women drummers are great, amazing technical skill for the majority, and can definitely put up a fight against this predominantly male dominated art form.

They also look a lot better as well.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    RD, I recently spent time on a Marine Corp base. Believe me when I tell you the women that could play middle linebacker are out there! I saw quite a few big, and tough women. My hats off to them.
    Uh, PB...did you forget that I lived on a Marine base for four years? Our area football team won the base championships on Camp Pendleton and then went over and kicked El Torro's butt too. Sorry, but we didn't have any WM's running the ball, however.

Seriously though, what I see musically, is that most of the really talented girls go for vocals or strings at a young age. If you go to a classic forum and ask if girls can play violin people will wonder why you're even asking. Girls/womwen make up at least 50% of most orchestras. There's no lacking of females in classical music. Percussion and drums don't draw nearly as many girls. Same thing for guitar. There are some good women drummers and guitarists, but the vast majority of good players in these catagories are men.
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 09-08-2008 at 08:01 AM.