Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

User Info Menu

Default Re: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

Roxy Petrucci from Vixen was pretty good, and easy on the eyes to say the least.
    Last edited by CycleDude; 10-29-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Cool Re: what do u think of GIRL drummers?

Well, judging from what I heard at Walmart last night, we may have a killer girl drummer in our midst in the Metro-East area of Illinois. I was doin' greeters' duty when I heard somebody layin' down what sounded like a rock beat in the area near the deli, which is to the left of where I work at the grocery entrance.

I looked around, thinking it was a guy. Wrong! There was a girl about 12, 13 years old, beatin' the heck out of a plastic "witch's cauldron" where you could put Halloween candy. She definitely had a beat goin', and she was playin' that cauldron every bit as well as I play my congas...I glanced at her now and then; she moved over to a table at the Subway restaurant, to the right of where I'm working, and she knew I had my eye on her because she was drummin' as hard as she could.

I said, "Hey, you're a drummer, right?"

"Yeah," she responded hesitantly--I'd be a little nervous too if a stranger just came up to me and asked me the same question.

"Do you take drum lessons or participate in your school music program?" I was thinkin', "man, this kid is good!"

What she said next blew my mind: "No, I just like to beat on things." Imagine what she could do with a little training! Wow!!!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Find me a rich one and I would marry her!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Well, judging from what I heard at Walmart last night, we may have a killer girl drummer in our midst in the Metro-East area of Illinois. I was doin' greeters' duty when I heard somebody layin' down what sounded like a rock beat in the area near the deli, which is to the left of where I work at the grocery entrance.

I looked around, thinking it was a guy. Wrong! There was a girl about 12, 13 years old, beatin' the heck out of a plastic "witch's cauldron" where you could put Halloween candy. She definitely had a beat goin', and she was playin' that cauldron every bit as well as I play my congas...I glanced at her now and then; she moved over to a table at the Subway restaurant, to the right of where I'm working, and she knew I had my eye on her because she was drummin' as hard as she could.

I said, "Hey, you're a drummer, right?"

"Yeah," she responded hesitantly--I'd be a little nervous too if a stranger just came up to me and asked me the same question.

"Do you take drum lessons or participate in your school music program?" I was thinkin', "man, this kid is good!"

What she said next blew my mind: "No, I just like to beat on things." Imagine what she could do with a little training! Wow!!!
    Sounds like you have found an apprentice!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

We need more
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Yes, there should be more. And, by the way....just like dudes...there are good ones and bad ones.

User Info Menu

I don't think of GIRL drummers. I think of DRUMMERS.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

I have mentioned this young lady a few times. 19 years old, playing 6 years. IMO she could take Ms Ford to the wall and blow Meytal Cohen out of the water.

Check out Zappa below.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I wonder where she'll be in 5 years.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 03-15-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: =======

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Can be as good as any boy drummer! It is not the gender, it is the talent.

User Info Menu

Absolutely! Welcome to Drum Chat Portugese Drummer!

User Info Menu

I have mentioned this young lady a few times. 19 years old, playing 6 years. IMO she could take Ms Ford to the wall and blow Meytal Cohen out of the water.

Check out Zappa below.
    I saw Devikah's cover of Jinshin War by Senri Kawaguchi a while back. I have been following Senri since she was 8 years old. What a talent she is ... destined for greatness ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    I saw Devikah's cover of Jinshin War by Senri Kawaguchi a while back. I have been following Senri since she was 8 years old. What a talent she is ... destined for greatness ...
    IMHO, I don't think that Senri is better than Davikah. How 1 approaches music is and should be different, but on the technical side, Senri has nothing on Davikah.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

One thing I will say that girls need to do better is this.. Most female singers get used to doing soft ballad type vocals and if they want to sing hard rock then they should work on it. I think that you need more singers like Lezlie Deane of Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs or the other local favs Ally Clay of Nitrate and I would throw in Nyssa Garcia of Awaiting Daylight.. all there of these ladies are badass singers but the girls that I have worked with they don't practice the hard rock stuff at all and when it comes time to do a cover of say a Heart song they either don't have the range for it or they don't get the concept of vocal fry for heavy rock.. and don't get me wrong I've worked with some talented ladies but it was mostly soft stuff .. I personally would rather have a Bon Scott,Udo type metal vocalist for a lot of the music I like to play.. There just ain't a lot of Lizy Hale type singers out there and that sucks..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    One thing I will say that girls need to do better is this.. Most female singers get used to doing soft ballad type vocals and if they want to sing hard rock then they should work on it. I think that you need more singers like Lezlie Deane of Scary Cherry and the Bang Bangs or the other local favs Ally Clay of Nitrate and I would throw in Nyssa Garcia of Awaiting Daylight.. all there of these ladies are badass singers but the girls that I have worked with they don't practice the hard rock stuff at all and when it comes time to do a cover of say a Heart song they either don't have the range for it or they don't get the concept of vocal fry for heavy rock.. and don't get me wrong I've worked with some talented ladies but it was mostly soft stuff .. I personally would rather have a Bon Scott,Udo type metal vocalist for a lot of the music I like to play.. There just ain't a lot of Lizy Hale type singers out there and that sucks..
    Look harder, they are out there.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Girl drummers are hot!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Taking about girl drummers, anyone hear of what young Bridie is up to these days haven't heard of her in awhile.

User Info Menu

Anika Nilles is my current favorite.
    https://youtu.be/iTTcILc7m14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Me too ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Me too ...
    She's good but needs some more time in the woodshed.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Many are better than most dudes I know and some of the stuff I see posted here. JS.

User Info Menu

She's good but needs some more time in the woodshed.
    Yeah ,I think what I like most about her is her style and the odd cymbal sounds she uses, she's different and I tend to like different.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Definitely on her way!!!

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Check this one out makes me proud to own a set of Pearl Drums
    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/i-wa...ming-1.4735678
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 07-07-2018 at 08:48 AM.