Default wuhan s

are these considered low end????
    silver Percussion Plus 5pc.

14" Paiste 3000 heavy hats

16" Sabian b8 pro thin crash

20" Paiste 502 plus ride

User Info Menu

Default Re: wuhan s

I wouldn't say so, but they tend to be a bit more thin than the major brand cymbals. In my opinion, they also have that hint of China in the sound (go figure - they're made in China!). Some people love 'em, and they are cheaper. When I thought about them, as I was upgrading, I decided that I just couldn't live with the sound (and I have an eclectic taste). Try listening to them yourself. You might find that they suit you fine.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have an 8" S series splash right next to a 10" Sabian HH Brilliant and with my eyes closed...I wouldn't know they were from two different companies. The key to Wuhan's is going somewhere that has a bunch of the sizes you want and try them all until you find one or two that you like and will work well with your other cymbals. The biggest problem with Wuhan is they are very inconsistent in their sound. Last but not least...have fun...you're buying drum stuff dude!

User Info Menu

Yes they would be considered "low end" but that is just a relative term. SOUND is what you are looking, not low and high end....

I personal love playing the wuhan china splash that we have in the school band. and i had sabian B8 hats i thought they were incredible, but B8 sabians are "low end"

This is a major mistake most people make when bieng new at the drums, we all get caught up in "low end" "high end" "name brand". Many no name brands are actually really nice.(Tosco, orbitone, attack, ect..)

GO PLAY AND DECIDE HOW YOU LIKE IT, that phrase is what you will always hear when you ask about the sound of drum equitment.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I have an 18" china. I like it's sound. The actual workmanship is a little rough, but for now it's my only China.

User Info Menu

They're B20 and I've only heard good things about them.

No-name: maybe
    Low end: not so much
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

I have a complete set of S's that I use for rehearsal.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I got 10" S Wuhan Splash....
    They're sounds more like Mini China for me...Well....At least it sound very trashy...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX