Thread: A Christmas CD

User Info Menu

Default A Christmas CD

My bro and I have recently learned how to play 'Deck the Halls' on accident.
    Then we made up some awesome guitar and drum parts to it. I don't remember any other christmas songs to put on a cd tho. We're gonna make it a more hard rock christmas cd. So that there's more roar in the songs. I might give the home recorded cds away as presents. What songs should we put on it?
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Default A Christmas CD

At the risk of sounding a little too obvious, you could work up a killer arrangement of "The Little Drummer Boy" (wonder what I could do with three congas, a pair of bongos and a few other odds and ends on that one myself?)

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" has been done to various jazz-rock arrangements before--why not a rock-on-and-rock-out version on that one?

If there's a way you can put them up on the 'Net, I'd like to hear it myself!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

ok. It might take a while though. We haven't recorded any of the songs.
    We're probobly just gonna make it instumental.

User Info Menu

thats an awsome idea!

to bad twisted sister just did the same exact thing it was released on october 17th
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

2 months before Christmas...
    Wal-Mart already has Christmas stuff out, it's crazy. Should I put Frosty the Snowman on the list?

User Info Menu

That sounds quite fun...once a couple of my friends and I took the theme of London Brigde and did like a 30 min jam session after a conert we did and people actually stuck around and had a great time....people always love to here songs that they know done different ways...unless its being ripped of and someone trys to pass it off as their own...i can't wait to here what you all do with the christmas tunes you work up...

User Info Menu

I think we might do 'What Child is This' in a metal type setting. should sound pretty cool.

User Info Menu

"Carol of the Bells" is an awesome rocker. The theam song from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in drop D is very cool too. For some great ideas check out Gary Hoey's "Ho Ho Hoey". This guy really gets it

My kids are doing the same thing. They're working on "Green Sleeves" and an origional called "Winter". I'm gonna post "Winter" on Google pretty soon.

User Info Menu

omg i cant beleive no one said this. What about "Jingle Bell Rock?"
    lol
    and I love Carol of the Bells and What Child Of This..
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Jingle Bell Rock...yeah perfect!

User Info Menu

So hows this cd coming?
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Not real fast right now. we havent done any new songs lately. my bro works 6 days a week now so its tough.

User Info Menu

well whenever u get it done send me a copy
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

ok ill try.

User Info Menu

nah i was jokin i wouldnt be able to explain to my ma that it was a cd from this guy that i met at this chat thing and he made a cd and sent it to me.. she doesnt exactly know about drumchat... lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

...lol...i might just put it on Pv with the Black Sunn webpage.