Thread: Hiting a sore note

User Info Menu

Question Hiting a sore note

Hey boys and girls,
    I've been hittin the heads for 8 years now and its been a wild ride the whole way. I belong to a band called 2nd Faze that has been suckin people in and makin the publican money that gets us payed. But of late I feel like Im hitin all wrong, nuthin feels like its comin out the way it should. Ive spoken to our sound man and he says the setings on the board are sweet and the punters are sayin that there is nuthin wrong with the drums or the player. This has been goin on for a few weeks now and its really chewin me up. any ideas?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hiting a sore note

Take the sticks out of the cardboard sleeve that holds them together before you use them. . .

And the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw. . .

User Info Menu

LOL .... another Drum Chat comedian. I LOVE IT!

DKM, I'll help if I can but your post is a little confusing. What do you mean when you say you're hittin wrong and nothin's comin out right? Please be more specific.

User Info Menu

i think he means that he isn't happy with the way he is playing but everyone else is. Is that right DKM? If thats the case the only thing I can suggest is some power jam messing aroung time and take a break from the serious stuff for a while. And don't worry about it everything gets better with time.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I would like a bit more explanation too DKM. It almost sounds like maybe you're a bit bored with the repetition of what you're doing. Until we know for sure, it's hard to offer any specific advice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    i think he means that he isn't happy with the way he is playing but everyone else is. Is that right DKM? If thats the case the only thing I can suggest is some power jam messing aroung time and take a break from the serious stuff for a while. And don't worry about it everything gets better with time.
    Nonsense!! I left a pair of dirty socks under my bed and the pungant aroma got a lot worse over a 2 week period!!

But seriously, if the band is playing the same old same old, maybe its time to learn a couple of more intricate songs, keep the interest up, tis an age old issue bud. If you are already doing this then maybe its a personal/band issue?
    need more info really, cmon man, give us the juicy goods.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by =^-..-^= View Post
    Take the sticks out of the cardboard sleeve that holds them together before you use them. . .

sooooooooooooooo funny, like it a lot.

User Info Menu

Sounds to me like you need a rest from what you've been doing...

User Info Menu

Difficult one to call without more facts but could it be that subconsciously you feel you may of ourgrown the band and need something new?
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Take a week off.

User Info Menu

I think its the repitition as well, I've put the sticks down for a while.

Cheers

User Info Menu

DKM, if you play another instrument, you might want to focus on learning more on that different instrument for a little while just to "get away" until you can refocus. In the end, the greater understanding of another instrument will increase your musically understanding and make you a better bandmate. Just a thought.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I agree with several here take a break i played 3 times a week for 18 months and just lost the joy. I quit for a short time and things came back around.

User Info Menu

Thats not a bad idea at all pastor bob, I do play a bit of axe and it would benifit the band as well. I definatly havnt outgrown the band Dustin I love what we are playing and I love the gigs, I think it is just a matter of the constaint repitition that I need a break from. Thanks for the help fellas.

User Info Menu

I have the same problem but fortunately I have a friend that plays classic rock another that'll come over and play grunge/speed and another who is just learning. This gives me three other styles to play along with besides my normal guitarists general rock sound. I especially like playing with my classic rock friend cause I can melt into the thirty minute blues solos he plays. And that's never repititious.