Thread: My Band!

User Info Menu

Figured I would share. I play bass in this band, but my drummer is incredible! I miss solid foundation he brought to the songs.

Comments, opinions?

EDIT: Cleaned up page, it's safe now...

www.myspace.com/destructiveplaythings
    Last edited by lowendgenerator; 09-23-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: removed offensive material in link.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Band!

Cool! So we have another bassist-drummer in here? Or are you a bassist wanting to hang out with drummer? Either way is just fine. Bass players and drummers have to be tight!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My Band!

Welcome aboard, lowendgenerator! Some of my best musician buddies are bass men; I dig it when the bass and the drums lock on each other and provide the framework for the rest of the band!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

This isn't as much my thing but this band is strong! Great job man. Welcome to the forum.

User Info Menu

it sounds very good bro, you guys chose a good direction to take your music, it has alot of radio airplay potential. almost reminds me of the band P.O.D.

so when i visited the site, it said something about looking for a new drummer....are you the new drummer? or the one who is being replaced? if you are being replaced, you can have my band dude, ill give em to ya!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lowendgenerator View Post
    Figured I would share. I play bass in this band, but my drummer is incredible! I miss solid foundation he brought to the songs.

www.myspace.com/destructiveplaythings

Comments, opinions?
    HOLA como estas Lowendgenerator Mi amigo CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    BASSIST/DRUMMER (CAT) VERY COOL ** GREAT ENERGY ** I am going to add you at My space
    www.myspace.com/sticksextremxx

User Info Menu

sounds good lowend! Like Damage said, I am reminded slightly of POD on that track "Mom with a Gun", but that's a good thing for me - I thought POD were pretty cool. I don't really get that much of a POD vibe on the others, tho. Definite radio potential - heavy yet accessible.

I dig your sound, man - good luck finding a new drummer!
    Last edited by DrumGooch; 09-22-2008 at 12:54 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am the bass player, not the drummer. Although, we have discussed on a couple occasions me moving to drums because we can't find a drummer in Chicago!

POD eh? Never would have guessed that myself, but you know the old saying, can't see the forest for the trees. It's like hearing your voice on tape. I sound like THAT? LOL, it's not a bad thing I guess, cuz POD was pretty awesome.

Thanks for all the friends requests!

User Info Menu

Hey Low End!! I just friend requested your band. And from one bassist to another....... Welcome to DRUM CHAT!

User Info Menu

I like the guitar solo. Could live without the naked girls on the MySpace page, though.

User Info Menu

Sorry about that, I cleaned it up. Sometimes people post things and I don't even see them. Or I do and forget about them. Either way, the offensive material has been removed, and I'll monitor the content of my page better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lowendgenerator View Post
    Sorry about that, I cleaned it up. Sometimes people post things and I don't even see them. Or I do and forget about them. Either way, the offensive material has been removed, and I'll monitor the content of my page better.
    Thanks, lowend. It's easy to let stuff slip through.

User Info Menu

You're a class act Lowend! Thanks for being sensitive to the forum! Nice to have you here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey lowend, sounding really good, mate. I see what you mean about losing the old drummer being disappointing, he is really tight. Good luck in finding a new drummer. Just like a tuff motor, definately alot of bottom end in this beast
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Thanks again guys, the positivity will keep me going through these lean times while we look for another drummer. I can't believe I haven't gigged since May! Who knew that a drummer was so hard to find in Chicago!