Thread: Just Recorded an 8 track! Any Good?

User Info Menu

Default Just Recorded an 8 track! Any Good?

Hello all, i have been playing drums for about 5 mounths now, and joined a band basicly strait after i started playing.

All of the band members are 13 years old, and we just wanted to know if we were any good.

here's our website: www.bebo.com/all-the-answers

thanks, Pete

User Info Menu

Default Re: Just Recorded an 8 track! Any Good?

I'll put it this way.....I would have expected much much much worse from three thirteen year-olds and an eight track. Are ye really 13?

I only listened to about 4 tracks but maybe the singer should work on holding his notes a bit more. I really liked the drums on the first track and all the others too, hang i just put on why me....bongos!! Ye seem to have an excellent sense of theory in the way of song construction. Maybe the lyrics are a bit cliché but that sometimes works in a sarcastic way! ye got a load of creativity in there and i would have listened to all of it cept for the singer i'm afraid. but for six months works thats great stuff!

Can't wait to see ye when yer my age...!

User Info Menu

The singer will get better with practice. I was horrible at first and since nobody wanted to sing I kept at it and now they say pretty good.

User Info Menu

I liked the music, as a previous poster put the song structures seem very good and orderly. No offense but im not keen on the vocals. I think its just my personal taste. Good stuff!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat ATA! The band is not bad at all. Give it a little time, and I'm sure much more of the talent will gel, as long as everyone understands that they have to continue growing in each part. Your drumming sounds good!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!