Thread: Sunday Jam

User Info Menu

Default Sunday Jam

Well, I had the opportunity to actually play drums with someone Sunday. He is a guitarist. He is kind of learning, like I am. I let him start with some things he knows and I just played along with him. He was very excited, he's NEVER played with a drummer. I mostly played steady beats to his stuff. I kept really good time, which amazed me! Then, I started some grooves and let him create something to them. We had a lot of fun. We both learned from the experience. Not trying to form a band, but to explore music. We will do it again in the near future. Meanwhile, I have to work on learning bass for some new songs on my bands next cd!!! Sayanara!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sunday Jam

Sounds like a great time BLD! I got to jam on Friday night, but I had to be the guitarist. I am hoping this is the beginning of a praise band for the church, so I'll do whatever I need to do. The guy I jammed with will ultimately be the bass player, so the drummer's throne may yet have an opening, even if I have to share it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That would be awesome!!!!! I wish my drummer could do the same!!

User Info Menu

Sorry, but, I can't resist...Pastor Bob's jam band is called .....

PB & J
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

PB & J

Good one Frank!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Sunday Jam

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    Well, I had the opportunity to actually play drums with someone Sunday. He is a guitarist. He is kind of learning, like I am. I let him start with some things he knows and I just played along with him. He was very excited, he's NEVER played with a drummer. I mostly played steady beats to his stuff. I kept really good time, which amazed me! Then, I started some grooves and let him create something to them. We had a lot of fun. We both learned from the experience. Not trying to form a band, but to explore music. We will do it again in the near future. Meanwhile, I have to work on learning bass for some new songs on my bands next cd!!! Sayanara!
    Awesome, BLD! You kept the beat goin' and you both had fun! Keep up the jams!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sounds like a great time BLD! I got to jam on Friday night, but I had to be the guitarist. I am hoping this is the beginning of a praise band for the church, so I'll do whatever I need to do. The guy I jammed with will ultimately be the bass player, so the drummer's throne may yet have an opening, even if I have to share it.
    Darn, PB! Wish I could join ya in Tennessee (I see a pair of Aspires I could rock very easily!), but who'd play drums in Granite City? Great news! Keep us posted, bro'!

And Frank--for once you beat me to the pun(ch)!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

PB & J
    Outstanding Frank!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Outstanding Frank!!!
    Also, PB you do have a great sense of humor!!!

Should we bet on how long it will take PB to get 10,000??? Maybe the end of the year?

User Info Menu

I'm definitely going to have to find a duet partner with "J" as an initial!! Since PB & J is already recognizeable, this pairing could be HUGE!!! LOL

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=bassist learning drums;115072] He was very excited, he's NEVER played with a drummer.

Way to go Paul!!! Im not sure if you realize it but you just classified yourself as a drummer!!!! no longer a bassist learning drums!! yeahhhhh man.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Hola como estas Bassist learning Drums (PAUL) Creative
    artistic Bassist//DRUMMER(GATO) Very cool **Expan your ALREADY
    creative artistic opn minded ARTSITRY * within NEW DIMENSIONS of AND within your own Unique Creative JOURNEYS Gracias amigo

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=ratmycue;115178]
    He was very excited, he's NEVER played with a drummer.

Way to go Paul!!! Im not sure if you realize it but you just classified yourself as a drummer!!!! no longer a bassist learning drums!! yeahhhhh man.
    Thanks!! Now I have this feeling that I have to practice on the pad. Celebration perhaps!! Rat My Cue!!! Maybe learn the doubles and triples!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON View Post
    Hola como estas Bassist learning Drums (PAUL) Creative
    artistic Bassist//DRUMMER(GATO) Very cool **Expan your ALREADY
    creative artistic opn minded ARTSITRY * within NEW DIMENSIONS of AND within your own Unique Creative JOURNEYS Gracias amigo
    Muchos Gracias, mi Hemano! Tu es El Maestro!!

User Info Menu

congrats bld , sounds like youve started another part of your journey , just remember it is all about having fun

User Info Menu

awesome,awesome,awesome. Must feel great bld.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate