Thread: HHX Dry Ride

User Info Menu

Default HHX Dry Ride

Im thinking about getting one of these. How is it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: HHX Dry Ride

they sound good, i dont own one though, i own a K custom 20" dark ride

User Info Menu

i havnt played that one, but a few other hhx rides. they are nice.

User Info Menu

hhx is a fabulous line from sabian. they have great rides and crashes comparable to that of the zildjian K line. but yes, hhx dry ride is incredible, however you might want to try it out first (although i have spent 1400 dollars on my drum kit and cymbals without hearing them first..)

User Info Menu

i tried out a few HHX crashes and rides before settling on my new cymbals.........i find they have no sustain like the zildjians............
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummersabian1234 View Post
    Im thinking about getting one of these. How is it?
    Hola como estas DRUMMERSABIAN Mi amigo Creative artistic Drummer Artist (CAT) THOSE SABIANS ARE ROJO CALIENTE' I use SABIANS
    all hand hammered ONES & HAVE PERFORM (PLAYED)most of THE SABIANS
    THEY are Very COOL (CALIENTE) GRACIAS

User Info Menu

The Dry Ride has a nice but very specific sound. If that's what you're going for, that's great. I find the HHX Groove Ride to be a little bit more versatile. My favorite in terms of versatility, though, is my HH Raw Bell Dry Ride.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

It's all about what do like and your style of music. I've played it and it didn't give me the same response as my 20'' Zildjain custom K dry ride. NEVER BUY CYMBALS ONLINE!!!!!! They will only ticked you off once you play them!!