Thread: V drums best settings

User Info Menu

Default V drums best settings

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I want some opinions. Me and my band are getting some recordings done and I have to use roland v drums. I've never used electronic drums and our first recording we did I hated the preset I used, I think it was called crack or something. Any way I don't have enough time to sit down and find a preset I like. We are a metal band and I use alot of double bass,{I want a clean bass sound} what would be the best setting I need to use?

User Info Menu

Default Re: V drums best settings

Welcome to drumchat. What module are you using maybe that would be a good place to start

User Info Menu

I think it's a TD-6v

User Info Menu

i'm gonna pm you a site that you can do a search on and more than likely find what you are looking for....

User Info Menu

Ya need vExpressions then your set! shame you dont own it to do that though.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EI drummer View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I want some opinions. Me and my band are getting some recordings done and I have to use roland v drums. I've never used electronic drums and our first recording we did I hated the preset I used, I think it was called crack or something. Any way I don't have enough time to sit down and find a preset I like. We are a metal band and I use alot of double bass,{I want a clean bass sound} what would be the best setting I need to use?
    there is a kick drum on the V drums called "meat kick," it would sound great for double bass...it has good attack, good bottom end.........
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

I took a look at the TD-6 manual, it does not look like you can reassign outputs so you really have only a few options

1. record a stereo mix
    2. record multiple passes recording one instrument at a time, this would give you individule tracks to mix later. A lot of work but if you are recording audio and it is only a song or two it may be worth it
    3. record MIDI

recording MIDI may give you the most flexibility
    Last edited by rmandelbaum; 09-25-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas