Thread: Zildjian A's!!!

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian A's!!!

Never really been a fan of the big Z. I have owned a few, and didn't like them. But the other night we were trying out a new drummer for DxPx, and he had the most AMAZING cymbal sounds. I was shocked, honestly. All 3 of his crashes were 18", he had a light, a rock, and a classic (?). They all had their own voice, but were definitely playing well with each other. His ride was a 20" heavy A crash, also very nice sounding!

I think they would give my 2002s a run for their money. I know what I'm putting together for my 2nd drumset lol.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian A's!!!

well what do you mean with amazing? the 2002s are pretty amazing as well. i really like mine.

User Info Menu

The Zildjians I have played in the past had a lot of gongish overtones, and not a lot of explosive *crash* to them. These A's sounded very fast and trashy, like glass breaking. Reminded me a lot of my 2002s, but with a slightly different voice.

User Info Menu

Avedis ZIldjian has some of my favorite cymbals... i really like this serie more than the A custom
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

I've always liked the A's. I currently have an 18" A Thin Crash and a 19" Armand ride w/ three rivets, along with some Meinl hats that I plan to eventually upgrade to A Mastersounds.

User Info Menu

I use a 50s 20" A ride and a 16" 375th aniversary A crash. They both sound fantastic. Now im in the market for a 22" and I'll probably go with a zildjian A.

User Info Menu

I have an A ping ride and A splash.
    vintage sounding, great looking, great all round cymbals- i concur.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

A Ping ride sure nice !!
    Anyway Avedis Mastersound hats and Avedis Splash both are best cymbal I've ever heard....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

when i think "classic" cymbal sounds i think zil avedis and paiste 2002s. the zil happen to have more options.

User Info Menu

I have Zildjian A Customs on my Tama Bubinga kit and As on my Pearl kit. I've auditioned both Sabian and Paiste, but always go back to Zildjian, not that there was really anything wrong with the other two brands, they're just different. I have some Zildjian cymbals that are close to sixty years old that were handed down from my dad.

Dennis

User Info Menu

I'm thinking of buying an "A Custom 18" Crash". Anyone who can recommend it?

User Info Menu

A's are on my wish list!

User Info Menu

I use medium A's, But for some reason I can't get enough of the Sabian XS chinese, reminds me of a darker Paiste

User Info Menu

The Zildjian guru, I say that because I can't think of his name, is coming to my favorite drum shop this Saturday. My understanding is that he will bring about 40 Zildjian prototypes along with him. Also there is going to be a lot of great deals on their products. I plan on getting a 19" A and an 18" A Custom china, maybe..

Dennis

User Info Menu

i sold my old 22 ride heavy (4.2 kg) ping 500.00 canadian it was a 1978 4 mouth ago

i buy a pack of zildjian a custom and 2 used crash

14 fast crash 16 crash 14 hi hat 20 medium ride and a 17 a custom crash used and 15 a custom crash used for one cymbal

but i will never have the same cymbal again

and i don't regret the sale at all

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    i sold my old 22 ride heavy (4.2 kg) ping 500.00 canadian it was a 1978 4 mouth ago

i buy a pack of zildjian a custom and 2 used crash

14 fast crash 16 crash 14 hi hat 20 medium ride and a 17 a custom crash used and 15 a custom crash used for one cymbal

but i will never have the same cymbal again
    and i don't regret the sale at all
    That sounds like a killer cymbal collection.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I Love Cymbals

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY