Thread: 7 year itch...

User Info Menu

Default 7 year itch...

I know, I'm slow at it. I'm kinda gettin the hang of this I think..? At any rate, I've got one finally for everybody to throw darts at... Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I sure apologize for the timer, etc at the top of the vid. I ain't that smooth with figurin some stuff out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvVyc3CzQM
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Default Re: 7 year itch...

Sah-weet blues! Love the harp solo.

User Info Menu

Sounded good. The band needs to become more alive. Everyone seems to be stuck to the floor. Good outro solo!!

User Info Menu

Great camera angle about half way through. Got the harmonica solo right behind the pole! Hahaha

I agree with BLD. It sounded great, but the only one that seemed to be having any fun was the singer. Everyone up front needs to realize it's a "show" and loosen up a bit (well, except for the bass player hehehe). I thought the drumming was right on though!

All in all, it was a great effort though! Keep up the good work, and it will just keep getting better and better!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: 7 year itch...

Was this one of your first performances? If it was, I can understand your stiffness, but the audience doesn't know that. What they saw was a band who didn't seem to enjoy what they were playing, IMHO...and if it looks like you don't enjoy it, the audience won't either. I'm sure you've loosened up a bit since then, man! No complaints about the music; you got some down-and-dirty blues goin', and definitely no complaints about the drummin'!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Sounds great, relax a bit on stage and have some fun.

User Info Menu

Wow, Thank you so much! We had quite a bit of sound issues, Just prior to "stockings" the amp on me went bananas..? You can see the sound folks scurryin around. I think the verbage we use is, "cardboard cutouts"... Haaaaaaah... Yup, act like ya care to be there ya know..? With this we had a shake up with our rhythms guy about a month before this show. Brand new rhythms man there on the right and the guy screamin in the mic at that point had been with us two weeks. Shew... We had committed to it a couple months earlier and I wasn't gonna go back on my word-ya know... PB- That's what I was lookin for and what a handsome rascal to boot... Haaaaaaaaaah!!! Thanks guys for the kind words and encouragement!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumrbychoice View Post
    and what a handsome rascal to boot... Haaaaaaaaaah!!!
    I just naturally assumed that was a given! Aren't all drummers handsome rascals? hehehehehe
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bbro-
    How are ya!! Good to hear from you again! Yes sir this was the first show with the revamped model..? You're a kind soul and I do indeed thank ya. I thought the drumr did okay too... Haaaaaaaaaaaah... Hey, you see all the distractions... The lady just about to turn an ankle gettin a photo and some strange tempo surges..? Even a wrong chord to mix it up a bit. Heh... Nothin shakes up us ol beaterz tho huh...
    Thank ya sir!

User Info Menu

PB-
    Yes sir! We are it aren't we... I'm pleased we brought this to the forefront tho!!! Yeehaaaahhh! How 'bout those drummers!!!

User Info Menu

I just got a chance to check out the vid myself and also enjoyed the music .

User Info Menu

Music sounds great, man! I love me some blues.

I do agree with some of the other guys that your guitarists need to get the lead out of their boots . . . But like I said, the music is top-notch!

User Info Menu

gone- Well there ya are... Thank ya sir, I really appreciate it. Real good to hear from ya!!!

DG- Yes sir, These guys looked a little spooked..? They did alright tho, Given the slam to get there. We were way behind the eight ball with the personell changes... Thanks so much, Good to hear from ya!!!

User Info Menu

Way to go, good job!

User Info Menu

Rockin' DC!!! Good stuff man
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate